House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

11 Amazing Facts About The Mcdonald's Mcrib

I don't see how it's any worse than a low quality sausage , black pudding or haggis.

Exactly and if anything it means nothing is going to waste.

However, not my cup of tea.

If people haven't read it I can recommend the book Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser, not specifically about McDonalds but highlights some of the things the industry gets up to. In fact I have a copy sitting on my desk at work going to waste, first person to PM can have it.

I don't see how it's any worse than a low quality sausage , black pudding or haggis.

Yes, that's right, they say you can eat every part of a pig except the squeak.

Having said that I very rarely eat McD, I just don't like it.

I like Fact 10:

There's also speculation that the McRib is really just a big commodity trade by McDonald's

The Awl's Willey Staley argues that whenever the sandwich springs up, hog prices are almost always in a trough.

theres-also-speculation-that-the-mcrib-is-really-just-a-big-commodity-trade-by-mcdonalds.jpg

Fast food involves both hideously violent economies of scale and sad, sad end users who volunteer to be taken advantage of. What makes the McRib different from this everyday horror is that a) McDonald's is huge to the point that it's more useful to think of it as a company trading in commodities than it is to think of it as a chain of restaurants B) it is made of pork, which makes it a unique product in the QSR world and c) it is only available sometimes, but refuses to go away entirely.

http://www.businessi...by-mcdonalds-10

I think that'll appeal to HPCers!