House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest_ringledman_*

Headed Goals - Dissapearing?

Is it just me or are headed goals dissapearing from top flight football?

I remember fondly the 80s where it seemed to have a lot more headers and especially diving headed goals?

Thoughts?

A certain Mr E. Dzeko of Mottram St. Andrew (probably) would no doubt disagree. I haven't watched the video but there's bound to be a few headed goals in it. I would say he scores roughly equaly quantities of goals with his left foot, right foot and head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_tjAI2MgC8&feature=related

Back when I used to play the winger used to have to cross the ball with the laces facing away from where you would head it. Otherwise the ball would slice your head off

Those were the days when footballers were men and didn't fall over every time they got a little tap on the legs

Back when I used to play the winger used to have to cross the ball with the laces facing away from where you would head it. Otherwise the ball would slice your head off

Those were the days when footballers were men and didn't fall over every time they got a little tap on the legs

I often open a tin of dubbin for a deep sniff of the golden years...

My team (Hull City) have had around 200 corners so far this season and as far as I'm away we haven't scored a single goal from them, headed or otherwise. It probably doesn't help that we only have 1 or 2 players over 6ft. I wonder if other teams will start treating us like Stoke, and give up corners rather than throw-ins knowing that they pose less of a threat. We obviously need to bring Les Ferdinand in as an attacking coach.

Better pitch conditions and a lot more players and managers from overseas brought the end of hoofball. Hence less headed goals.