House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cica

Robert Peston On The One Show

Just seen Robert Peston on The One Show.

Not what HPCers would like to see in the main stream but it's important to point out that a prime time mainstream programme is telling the masses not to invest in property.

Would this have been expected a few years ago?

We can see it turning.

Just seen Robert Peston on The One Show.

Not what HPCers would like to see in the main stream but it's important to point out that a prime time mainstream programme is telling the masses not to invest in property.

Would this have been expected a few years ago?

We can see it turning.

I want to see anything suggesting the HPC view on prime time! What do you mean?

Do try and keep up Peston. It's almost 2012 and you've finally come out and said what your predecessor at the BBC, Jeff Randall, was saying about property back in 2004.

He danced around the question of where house prices were headed implying it was more to do with whether we have growth. He said only to buy to live it and to avoid investing in property. This is not a big discussion point but one I think is relevant to the forum. This is prime time mainstream tv for the masses so progress in my opinion. Thanks

Don't buy a house as an investment

Agree, you buy a house at a sensible price to live in. If that is your philosophy then you gain no investment profit. When the mortgage is paid you spend the rest of your life with security and regarding ups and downs in HPs only your beneficiaries win or lose. ;)

Enough already, about trivial things like the economy.

I want Gyles Brandreth to tell me if the country's otter population is in decline or not.

What struck me was that the question was asked in the first place. Pestos answer was very measured, trying to tread carefully around the issue. At first he explained that a home is for living in and then so obviously covering himself by saying it wasn't a good point to invest in property.

Have all repeats of HUTH and LLL now been cancelled for the good of the country?

I don't think that will ever happen, but I'd just love Krusty to be hijacked live on air about how she's ruined so many lives with her advice if there was a sudden crash.

I don't think that will ever happen, but I'd just love Krusty to be hijacked live on air about how she's ruined so many lives with her advice if there was a sudden crash.

I'd rather she ended up having a series showing people how they can enhance their cardboard box, under a flyover they live in, by gluing different coloured discarded bottle tops to the exterior using chewing gum peeled off the pavement.

What struck me was that the question was asked in the first place. Pestos answer was very measured, trying to tread carefully around the issue. At first he explained that a home is for living in and then so obviously covering himself by saying it wasn't a good point to invest in property.

Probably been chewed out by boss/colleagues on the issue before now. Still even Cyberleader Pesto at his most hesitant can't be as bad at sitting on the fence as Evan Davis was.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat