House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sour Mash

Ex Central Bankster Is New Greek Pm

Not content with the usual tactic of using puppet politicians, the Greek situation has deteriorated to the point where the banksters actually have to put one of their own in.

Zerohedge

From WSJ:

Lucas Papademos, a former European Central Bank vice president, has been named Greece's new prime minister, senior officials from Greece's main political parties said Thursday.

No danger of any nasty democratic elections or referenda to upset the plan.

Fraser Nelson article on the Frankfurt Group putsch.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/all/7378428/europes-hit-squad.thtml

Having removed Berlusconi they'll try and do the same in Italy.

Democracy won't be tolerated if it impacts German plans.

From the Guardian, the two main contenders to succeed Bunga-Bunga-Boy are Angelino Alfano and Mario Monti:

The Guardian

They say of Monti's background:

His chief claim to fame lies in economic and financial circles, where he is impressively known for lending his name to the Klein-Monti model of monopolistic competition in the banking industry.

He is also a member of the influential but secretive Bilderberg conference of world business and political leaders.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have the new Italian PM ....

No danger of any nasty democratic elections or referenda to upset the plan.

He's perfect.

Has never held elected office. Is against banks taking haircuts.

He was Greek Central Banker at the time of Greece's debt-fuelled boom and when the Greek Govenment hid the extent of its debt burden by using off-market swaps arranged by Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

Bloomberg link

The pieces are being arranged all over the board.

The Fed is a who's who of ex-Goldman employees

Goldman's Ben Broadbent on the MPC

UK Trade MInister is Stephen Green ex-HSBC

Goldman's Draghi at the ECB

Greek PM a central banker

Italy PM will be Monti

Who have I missed?

I suppose whilst it's possible L-Pap has been installed to manage the German deflation of Greece i.e. within the Euro, it's also possible he's been installed to manage their EZ exit, re-introduce the Drachma and devaluation as smoothly as possible. i.e. working with the ECB/IMF and so on.

Clearly Merkin could no longer trust G-Pap in either event.

If i was a conspiracy theorist, id find this quite disturbing.

I can imagine the plot of that script...

The opposite perspective is that Greece is, principally, in a monetary predicament... only someone who understands (central) banking is really in a position to make decisions. This suggests, of course, absolutely nothing about the motives and objectives of the man... and these should be under democratic scrutiny... to have anything else raises quite a lot of disturbing questions - in theory even if not in practice.

Not content with the usual tactic of using puppet politicians, the Greek situation has deteriorated to the point where the banksters actually have to put one of their own in.

Makes sense. Cuts out the middle man.

I can imagine the plot of that script...

The opposite perspective is that Greece is, principally, in a monetary predicament... only someone who understands (central) banking is really in a position to make decisions. This suggests, of course, absolutely nothing about the motives and objectives of the man... and these should be under democratic scrutiny... to have anything else raises quite a lot of disturbing questions - in theory even if not in practice.

In the case of Greece, the only understanding they need is "Don't spend much more than you collect in taxes". Not exactly rocket science.

As for Papademos, he has been 'advising' the Greek government for the last two years CNN profile so he's just as culpable as any of the rest of the idiots at the top of government for the mess that they have got their country in. The guy isn't even an elected official so precisely ZERO democratic input into his coronation as leader of the country. Fits nicely with the European ideal of taking control away from the electorate and putting it into the hands of 'experts' who 'know what they are doing'.

Mario Monti of course is now being touted as a done deal for Italy. Given his 'credentials' I don't think there was any doubt that he would be placed in power.