House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CommonSense

Fancy A Giggle

QUOTE FROM THE C4 STRING:

Foxtons EA

Posted 21-08-05 15:13

I can advise you I am actively telling sellers to reduce their prices below the lowest in their location or I won't even contemplate taking on the property.

The only way this market is going to get moving again is to get the prices down fast to realistic and affordable levels.

I laid off 35 staff last week with more in the pipeline, we have cut back on advertising and are even e-mailing property details to customers to keep costs down.

This market is falling around us and I can't really see how it will stop.

According to my inside information the HPI figure is going negative by year end and this gives me grave concerns for business.

Anyone that thinks house prices are not going to fall are mistaken, I have many EA friends and we are all starting to talk the market down, it is either we do that or we face ruin, we are collaborating to effectively knock 10% immediately off peoples expected price and pitch it below the cheapest(more if necessary)

If anyone wants to argue which way the market is going, it's down!! by how much? as much as it takes to save our estate agencies quickly.

This whole string is the funniest thing I've read in ages!!! Its taken a bunch of "house prices always go up" morons into arguing about how much exactly prices will go down, leading to great quotes like the one above.

ALL HPC'ers THIS IS A MUST READ - POUR YOURSELF A BEER/COFFEE/GIN AND SIT DOWN AND ENJOY!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Algie

QUOTE FROM THE C4 STRING:

Kirsty and Phil are property experts who have been making TV programmes about houses for years so I think they must know what they are talking about more than some economist who probably works in a college rather than the real world.

If they say house prices will go up between 50 and 80% in the next 5 years they must have done a lot of research to work this out. They say prices in Blarney Festrinerog will go up 79.4% so they must have done research to be that precise otherwise where do they get that figure from ?

Guest Bart of Darkness
Kirsty and Phil are property experts who have been making TV programmes about houses for years so I think they must know what they are talking about more than some economist who probably works in a college rather than the real world.

Must be a "reverse troll"?