House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

British Financial Crisis

IMO the euro sh*tstorm is great political cover.

"It started in Europe" will be the excuse. The public will buy it as well.

George and Dave making a lot of noise about the europeans getting their house in order. But it's obviously all going to go down the pan. That's great for them, because they can blame the ensuing chaos on the rest of Europe without taking the blame themselves.

Smoke and mirrors.

I think it's going to work.

Another sad truth. Zero positive pre-emptive action, many excuses being lined up....

I dont believe for one minute these predictions the Euro will be destroyed. The NWO has been building up to it for centuries. Even if half the population of Europe starved because of it, they would still support it. One world currency, one world government is their goal.

Effectively there was one world currency - all currencies were backed with gold.

And the powers that be dismantled that in favour of fiat currencies.

So I don't follow that argument.

And the BoE's outdated policy of devaluing to help exports is totally wrong...the things we sell/can sell are not based on cost and it is better for us to be able to import things more cost effectively. The balance of payments has only been helped thus far by impoverishing us and generating inflation- that's not good.

The sort of manufacturing that this country could grow would te be the hgih tech sector - involving importing high cost machine tools, which thanks to policy are even higher than before, on top of the artificially high rent/rents. Not a chance it ss going to happen. These schmucks can't even get their head around the financial sector - the real economy absolutely no chance at all.

The sort of manufacturing that this country could grow would te be the hgih tech sector - involving importing high cost machine tools, which thanks to policy are even higher than before, on top of the artificially high rent/rents. Not a chance it ss going to happen. These schmucks can't even get their head around the financial sector - the real economy absolutely no chance at all.

The problem with re-building our manufacturing sector is that it will take time. One example of this: engineering isn't even a subject taught in most schools.

Turning the ship around is going to take a generation, and we just don't have either a political system or media that could sustain that effort.

Edited by the shaping machine

Assuming the current crisis leads to some kind of general reset of government debt, the countries with the biggest problems will be those with a large current account deficit. In that context the chart below is interesting (and worrying for the UK).

who is holding the parcel?

Edited by the shaping machine

I don't think many would disagree that there will be a crisis of some description.

that begs the question.....if you take out a 25 year mortgage now and stretch yourself to buy ( at these once in a lifetime bargain price :rolleyes: ) with interest rates at 0.5%....do you honestly believe you will manage to keep working long enough to pay the mortgage off or stave off repossession during lean times.

I bought last year and the income I receive from renting out my spare room pays the mortgage. I guess I'm more comfortable with the prospect of a financial crisis as a result.