House Price Crash Forum
non-FTBer

Ea Asks That They Would Be Willing To Pay For Their House!

According to houseprices.co.uk they were recently going for about 230K to 250Kish in that road in the last few years. I would imagine they will be shocked to see people comment about 160K tops. Oh dear.

Perhaps not the brightest star in the sky - she's posted on a public forum where she lives, how to get into the house (via the EA) and that she's off on holiday.

I'd say £120k by the way.

Prices are mental in Chester and the surrounding area's, the wages paid, such as 13/14K at MBNA make these prices unsustainable that is why nothing's selling, plenty of properties have been on the market for one or two years and no sale. Nice placew, but a quarter of a million quid, crazy.

Cheshire North Wales is Alice in Wonderland.

If that bungalow is as close to the main road through the village as it appears then I'd stay well clear.

If my memory of village locations near Chester is correct - it'll probably be used as a rat run by middle aged convertible beemer owners during rush hour in the day and young chavs will be racing their souped up vauxhall novas along it at night.

Prices are mental in Chester and the surrounding area's, the wages paid, such as 13/14K at MBNA make these prices unsustainable that is why nothing's selling, plenty of properties have been on the market for one or two years and no sale. Nice placew, but a quarter of a million quid, crazy.

Cheshire North Wales is Alice in Wonderland.

I was born and bred in Wrexham so I know Chester quite well (although I don't know this village). Last time I visited (about a year ago), there were houses (in the city) being marketed for simular prices to St Albans, Herts (the area I live in now). It did shock me somewhat, I couldn't imagine who could afford these prices, maybe Liverpool & Manchester commuters (long way to commute to Manchester though). However, what it did make me think was that the HPC would hit hard here.

Edited by laughing_goat

I thought prices were loony in the South West.

I could buy a bungalow like that and have change down here.....

Like someone has said, I don't think they have the earnings to support those prices.

I don't think there are many people left in this country who could buy their house at its 'Current market value' using their peak earnings (during their working life) and a sensible income multiple (<4x salary).

Personally I would shy away from planning a 25 year investment based on earnings which might be at the peak of my career, with massive income multiples to buy an asset which is going to plummet in value. :lol: