House Price Crash Forum

Schoolboy Dubbed 'mini Monet' Has Earned Enough Money To Buy Himself A £150,000 Home

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058144/Schoolboy-dubbed-mini-Monet-earned-money-buy-150-000-home.html

A primary school pupil dubbed ‘mini Monet’ has earned enough to buy a new house for his family.

Nine-year-old Kieron Williamson, who has gained international renown since he began painting landscapes on a family holiday in 2008, paid £150,000 for the property in Ludham, Norfolk.

It will remain in trust until his 18th birthday. He previously lived with his parents and sister in a rented flat.

His father Keith, 44, said: ‘If he decides he wants to do something completely different when he is older, at least he won’t have to worry about a mortgage.’

I wonder if he really wanted a house or an xbox? Still at least he'll be able to evict his family once he's 18. Family arguments will be great, well mum if you don't like my attitude get out of my fecking house or start paying some rent.... :lol::lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I smell a rat....

As someone who is trying to learn to be an artist I don't smell a rat. I find art to be a learnable skill which as Alwyn Crawshaw always used to say 'Give it a try. It's easier than you think.' It is easier than you think, imo. It still needs learning of techniques and practice, practice, practice, but it's a lot easier than my maths degrees.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Probably the first artist ever, to earn money BEFORE he dies.

Amazing, but these days, people SPECULATE in this stuff....in the past, it took years for the pictures to be truly appreciated.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

God you guys are so negative.

Well done on the wee guy!

We're actually quite kind compared to the Daily Wail replies ;)

very good but i could go the the art school near me and find 20 people who could do the same if not better

- Phillip, Liverpool, 06/11/2011 21:16

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2058144/Schoolboy-dubbed-mini-Monet-earned-money-buy-150-000-home.html#ixzz1d0cPmUOD

HOLA4417

My guess too.

Earned possibly £5,000 from close friends and family. Used as deposit to buy house. Family 'rent' it from him using HB until he's 18 when he'll be mortgage free.

Start the week as we mean to go on. :)

did you even read the article???????????????????????

Kieron’s last major exhibition of 33 paintings sold for £150,000 within half an hour last July.

His latest 12 paintings go on sale next Friday for between £1,250 and £15,595 at Norfolk’s Picturecraft Gallery.

HOLA4418

This young lad has been on our local TV in East Anglia loads in the last few years.

People fly in from all over the world to buy his paintings.

Only weird thing is he is a Leeds United fan - I guess misery has driven a lot of the best artists.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

This young lad has been on our local TV in East Anglia loads in the last few years.

People fly in from all over the world to buy his paintings.

Only weird thing is he is a Leeds United fan - I guess misery has driven a lot of the best artists.

Oi! ya cheeky bugger! what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! :lol:

HOLA4423

No offence to the lad, but his pictures look like bog-standard watercolours to me. I'm sure there are tens of thousands of amateur artists who could paint as well or better.

This is purely novelty value based on the age of the kid.

Oooh dear. Too much acid in your coffee again.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived