House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where Would You /did You Make A Romantic Proposal?

Has to be a suprise and has to be somewhere that really means something to the burd - so probably different for everyone - my pal did it up north in a hotel just after him and his burd had snorted a line of charlie :D pure class

Ferry cross the Mersey..

I proposed on a cruise ship whilst going under the 25 de Abril Bridge in Lisbon as the sun was rising over the Sanctuary of Christ the King statue.

http://www.dailymail...in-Watford.html

This guy chose a train. It looks more embarrassing than romantic to me.

Because this kind of thing is so unoriginal now, everyone on that train must've been groaning in either boredom or embarrassment. It's time to shut up shop on Flash Mobs. They just don't have the impact they used to. There's only so many statues or singers you can watch. Everyone under 30 needs to know being a Youtube Star is not the be all & end all.

C- and C ME

In the film 'Goodbye Mr. Chips' Robert Donat proposes on a cruise on the Danube pointing out that to lovers the Danube is supposed to look blue.

IIRC when Andrew & Fergie were asked how he proposed Fergie stated that they were in bed together and he was behind her... and I've never seen that interview aired since :blink:

How long before you feel you need to MAKE the proposal? I just can't bring myself to it lol..

I did find the story brought a smile to my face. I wouldn't say the flash mob thing shoud die, as such - though I get what you're saying, Pi1.

Love the top coment about romance not being dead. I'm sure if any beautiful girl were to spend time with me they'd see it weren't so - unfortunately I don't do the bad boy thing so much so they're missing out............ ;) Lol..

EDIT - have had some close-calls myself. Most cliche one being under the Eiffel Tower (better than being up the top) sitting amongst all the other people on a blistering hot day, some guy then gets a little amp & guitar out and places some pretty good tunes lol - the girlfriend always said 'that would have been the moment' lol...

I worked with one guy who was charismatically challenged.

For example, his description of a balmy summer's afternoon was " lovely day, all the birds were f*cking tweet-tweeting and everyfing"

He explained how he got engaged:

"I had to. She kept saying she wanted a ring. I asked her what was wrong with the one around her a*se."

Romance is not dead.

A windy winters night up on top of Scrabo (doccyboy might know where this is, others may not).

how did you get let in at night? that's if you mean the scrabo I am thinking of (can you see the sheep/gorse/golfcourse?)

How long before you feel you need to MAKE the proposal? I just can't bring myself to it lol..

You don't need to :)

Been together 10 years and twins imminent. Marriage would make no difference and there are at least two better things to spend the money on :)

how did you get let in at night? that's if you mean the scrabo I am thinking of (can you see the sheep/gorse/golfcourse?)

OK, so towards the end of the day?

No idea. It would depend upon the woman I suppose.

I know my brother proposed on top of a mountain, which would be appropriate for the pair of them, except he'd obviously decided that he was going to regardless, so went ahead anyway despite the cloud, wind, and rain. There's a photo of my now sister-in-law just before, looking cold, wet, and fed up, and one of her just afterwards looking quite cheerful.

Been with mine for 5 years... I'm pretty sure shes getting itchy. Any tips on how I can cool her?

Tell her you are a paedophile. Should do the trick.