House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Eagle

G20: 29 Global Banks Deemed 'too Big To Fail'

The Financial Stability Board, the global banking regulator, Friday released its list of the 29 global banks it considers too big to fail.

The regulator defines these as financial institutions whose size and interconnectedness are such that they would require the support of public funds in case they failed to prevent widespread economic harm.

Leaders meeting at the G20 summit in Cannes have agreed to tighter new rules that will force the 29 financial institutions to increase their ratio of cash reserves to loans, to protect themselves against a possible drop in the value of those loans.

[...]

Too big to fail:

* Bank of America

* Bank of China

* Bank of New York Mellon

* Banque Populaire CdE

* Barclays

* BNP Paribas

* Citigroup

* Commerzbank

* Credit Suisse

* Deutsche Bank

* Dexia

* Goldman Sachs

* Group Crédit Agricole

* HSBC

* ING Bank

* JP Morgan Chase

* Lloyds Banking Group

* Mitsubishi UFJ FG

* Mizuho FG

* Morgan Stanley

* Nordea

* Royal Bank of Scotland

* Santander

* Société Générale

* State Street

* Sumitomo Mitsui FG

* UBS

* Unicredit Group

* Wells Fargo

More at: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/11/04/too-big-to-fail-list.html

That's it guys, it's official now, the above banks are the rulers of the new global world order, since they are deemed to big to fail by the G20 they can do whatever they want (they are effectively above the law), we will have to bail them out in perpetuity.

Welcome to the new world order where money is our god, the banks are our churches and the banksters our priests... :ph34r:

More at: http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-fail-list.html

That's it guys, it's official now, the above banks are the rulers of the new global world order, since they are deemed to big to fail by the G20 they can do whatever they want (they are effectively above the law), we will have to bail them out in perpetuity.

Welcome to the new world order where money is our god, the banks are our churches and the banksters our priests... :ph34r:

Too big to fail?

Half of 'em have already failed mate!

Too big to fail?

Half of 'em have already failed mate!

That's not my words. Sure strictly speaking they are all bankrupt, the point is these 29 banks are deemed of systemic importance, i.e. whatever happens they will have to be bailed out. The G20 decided so and therefore we will pay for it.

the point is these 29 banks are deemed of systemic importance, i.e. whatever happens they will have to be bailed out. The G20 decided so and therefore we will pay for it.

From what I read, the G20 decided they ain't paying for anything.

You can scrub the Eurozone banks off that list for a start.

From what I read, the G20 decided they ain't paying for anything.

You can scrub the Eurozone banks off that list for a start.

Sure Europe (i.e. the EU taxpayers) will have to pay for the EU banks, nonetheless the meaning of the above list is that none of them will be allowed to fail since they are considered to be of systemic importance (i.e. if any of those fails without being bailed out then our whole system will implode).

Of course this is nonsense, in fact we would be much better off if all of those banks were wound down, but this is what our overlords decided and therefore they will act upon it.

My point was that half of em have already been bailed out.

What more do they want from me? The shirt off my back?!

Do you really think the last bailout will pay for their bonuses forever? :lol:

Hopium suggests they are too big to fail.

The Titanic was, using the same Hopium, too big to founder.

Looking at the list they have either all failed already and/or are insolvent.

what, like Dexia and Wells Fargo?

No, like everyone on the list - including Goldman (who famously were dead and required government aid in order to survive).

Edited by Errol

No, like everyone on the list - including Goldman.

surely you dont include RBS?..They are the stablist of the stablist.

And of course, they are all so stable, they only need to raise capital for cosmetic purposes.

Loans are going to be harder to come by, unless by capital, they mean buying good, solid, tangible assets, like a tranch of loans made by the EFSF for example.

Edited by Bloo Loo

That's not my words. Sure strictly speaking they are all bankrupt, the point is these 29 banks are deemed of systemic importance, i.e. whatever happens they will have to be bailed out. The G20 decided so and therefore we will pay for it.

That's alright. No problem there.

Signed,

A Banker.

"Too big to fail" ????

Too big to exist in that case. Time to destroy the fekkers.

"Too big to fail" ????

Too big to exist in that case. Time to destroy the fekkers.

Exactly, they have identified the problem now they need to get on with some solutions. Break them up in an orderly fashion. No taxpayer money required.

More at: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/11/04/too-big-to-fail-list.html

Well that's a rosy summation. It seems a bit shortsighted though.

The powers that be are doing all they can to keep the scam going, but my view is that they've got it all wrong. The 1% were protected whilst thing were going well - after all everyone else was getting better off (albeit at a much slower rate than the elite). These are the last desperate moves of a system that is broken.

Are you not seeing understanding dawn in the population, because I am. It don't think the backlash will start in the UK, but it will spread here once the dominos start to go...

Just to add....

If they actually want to protect the 1% they'd be thinking about breaking the banks up (so they're not too big to fail) and trying to reset the existing system through some controlled defaults. The bankers problem is that they've become so focused on making money this year rather than securing profits for the next 10 years.

If they actually want to protect the 1% they'd be thinking about breaking the banks up (so they're not too big to fail) and trying to reset the existing system through some controlled defaults. The bankers problem is that they've become so focused on making money this year rather than securing profits for the next 10 years.

This is exactly why Bob 'man of the people' Diamond form Barclays was saying that banks need to be able to fail yesterday.

At little belatedly perhaps, some of them are working out which way the wind is blowing.

This is exactly why Bob 'man of the people' Diamond form Barclays was saying that banks need to be able to fail yesterday.

At little belatedly perhaps, some of them are working out which way the wind is blowing.

it matters not how small the banks are that fail if they are levered up as much as these big ones are.

The problem is bailing out the public who have accounts with these large ones....

I wouldnt have any serious money with any of them.

Sorry awake_eagle, I was not awake when I posted a similar thread to yours!

I agree totally, we are going to pay for this through money printing and lack of banking competition. As others have said, these zombies should be broken up, but they won't be, as they have friends in very high places....

My thread was more about the competition side of the argument, how can there be competition when these zombies can do what they like? :angry:

Well that's a rosy summation. It seems a bit shortsighted though.

The powers that be are doing all they can to keep the scam going, but my view is that they've got it all wrong. The 1% were protected whilst thing were going well - after all everyone else was getting better off (albeit at a much slower rate than the elite). These are the last desperate moves of a system that is broken.

Are you not seeing understanding dawn in the population, because I am. It don't think the backlash will start in the UK, but it will spread here once the dominos start to go...

They are still succeeding by using the classic divide and conquer strategy (democrats against republicans, lefties against righties, home owners against renters, working people against benefit claimants, locals against immigrants, ...).

You can clearly notice this even here on this forum. As long as we are all divided, the 1% doesn't have to worry much about the rest of us.