House Price Crash Forum

We Have A Country Full Of Stupid Sheep

HOLA441

However, the question is what is the alternative? I'd consider world travel high on the list. But what else?

Find something you enjoy doing which makes good use of (and requires you to develop) your particular talents and tastes? Play a musical instrument, act in a play, speak a language, write a book, paint a picture, make furniture, plant a garden, build a house, fix a bicycle, cook a meal, raise a family, gather a community.

Anybody can work all hours and use the money to buy manufactured goods or the professional services of others, but the result will never be as satisfying as learning to do things for yourself. Unfortunately that requires time and energy, which is exactly what waged labour takes from us.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

if the western world has got it all wrong, what countries have got it right i.e are a model to follow?

Insecure consumerism has been the final nail in the coffin for western capitalism.

Advertising and making people feel like losers unless they have a new car or a fitted kitchen has brought us to this.

This disease is mainly an American and British infliction and the cure is to teach children to respect themselves. They need to be taught that living a lie is not what life is all about and that borrowing money to buy cheap shite isn't the road to wealth and success.

Countries I would say have a better balance are Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Canada and New Zealand.

Capitalist countries that are not totally absorbed with insecurity about not having the latest iphone.

Edited by Wait & See

HOLA444

Insecure consumerism has been the final nail in the coffin for western capitalism.

Advertising and making people feel like losers unless they have a new car or a fitted kitchen has brought us to this.

This disease is mainly an American and British infliction and the cure is to teach children to respect themselves. They need to be taught that living a lie is not what life is all about and that borrowing money to buy cheap shite isn't the road to wealth and success.

Countries I would say have a better balance are Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Canada and New Zealand.

Capitalist countries that are not totally absorbed with insecurity about not having the latest iphone.

but then in places like norway sweden, isnt the cost of living extremely high.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I couldn't agree more. People haven't needed to think, life has been too easy for too many for too long.

The muppets want to go to university and get a crap job with a daft title and get married to another loser and buy a house, car and other assorted made in China shite on credit and then have children that the world does'nt need anyway.

It would be nice if we had a country filled with people who could think for themselves, as then we may have avoided this disaster that we now face. All those self cert, housebuying bellends should really be locked up for crimes against the country.

Nothing ever changes with human beings. Always the same sheep mentality that runs riot and always the same end result of no one having the ability to think for themselves.

People like being controlled it seems. :rolleyes:

HOLA449

I do laugh at it all. It's a crazy situation that we've found ourselves in, 60 years after WW2. Waves of muppets all wanting to live the American dream on 25k a year...... :lol:

The last laugh will be on those who have mortgages. I can't wait for it all to go down the pan here, just like the PIIGS of Europe.

Unfortunately it is those that have mortgages that are prospering and it is yourself that is paying for that. You are paying for it because you are either unemployed which keeps wage inflation down, or you are working and paying for it via the tax system.

inflation erodes debt and with interest rates at record lows today has never been a better time to own a house, and if its a rental property then its doubly happy days.

The one thing we can all be certain of. There is no way any country in the Eurozone is going to let house prices fall, they have too much riding on it and will do whatever it takes to keep the money invested in property safe.

HOLA4410

The muppets want to go to university and get a crap job with a daft title and get married to another loser and buy a house, car and other assorted made in China shite on credit and then have children that the world does'nt need anyway.

It would be nice if we had a country filled with people who could think for themselves, as then we may have avoided this disaster that we now face. All those self cert, housebuying bellends should really be locked up for crimes against the country.

Nothing ever changes with human beings. Always the same sheep mentality that runs riot and always the same end result of no one having the ability to think for themselves.

Who are these people that you speak of, or is it just empty rhetoric?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

when it comes to the sheeple, I think the most infuriating is the love of sport.

So many people are literally obsessed with football, to the point where all they will talk about is football.

Overpaid w'nkers many who are foreign or live hundreds of miles from region they are meant to represent, with no morals or decency kicking around a ball for a indebted-ponzi scheme club owned by some foreign gansta. Everything that was good about football; i.e bringing the community together, etiquette, the price or freeness of it etc has now gone.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

There's nothing like making up gross over-generalisations about your fellow human beings in order to make yourself feel just that little bit more exceptional eh?

HOLA4415
Guest unfunded_liability

Unfortunately it is those that have mortgages that are prospering and it is yourself that is paying for that. You are paying for it because you are either unemployed which keeps wage inflation down, or you are working and paying for it via the tax system.

inflation erodes debt and with interest rates at record lows today has never been a better time to own a house, and if its a rental property then its doubly happy days.

The one thing we can all be certain of. There is no way any country in the Eurozone is going to let house prices fall, they have too much riding on it and will do whatever it takes to keep the money invested in property safe.

Images of King Canute and the tide come to mind.

king_canute_443255.jpg

HOLA4416

Your simplistic bitter rants always make me laugh whenever I see them.

Stop trying so hard to convince yourself that your total unemployablity is in fact an insightful lifestyle choice. Bloody oxygen thief.

HOLA4417

when it comes to the sheeple, I think the most infuriating is the love of sport.

So many people are literally obsessed with football, to the point where all they will talk about is football.

Overpaid w'nkers many who are foreign or live hundreds of miles from region they are meant to represent, with no morals or decency kicking around a ball for a indebted-ponzi scheme club owned by some foreign gansta. Everything that was good about football; i.e bringing the community together, etiquette, the price or freeness of it etc has now gone.

I'd agree with this. I'd quite like to be normal sometimes but a complete lack of interest in watching any sport makes it impossible. One good thing about our multi-tv-channel world, at least there is always another channel to watch. It was horrific in the seventies and early eighties if you hated sports and light entertainment.

HOLA4418

I take it you've never lived in Switzerland then?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Your simplistic bitter rants always make me laugh whenever I see them.

Stop trying so hard to convince yourself that your total unemployablity is in fact an insightful lifestyle choice. Bloody oxygen thief.

All the things in that rant are fine, as long as you can afford it all. By all means get married, have kids and buy property and BMW's if you can afford to, with real cash. If not then don't drag the whole fecking country down by deluding yourself into thinking that earning 25k a year or whatever is enough, meanwhile borrowing yourself into the poor house.

Part time employment suits me just fine, as working five days a week for a tiny handout is a waste of a life imo. :ph34r:

Edited by Wait & See

HOLA4421

Interestingly two decades on from the film, they do make toilet roll with vitamins!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vitamins+in+toilet+roll&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a#q=vitamins+in+toilet+roll&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=f7fd0fca9be5b50a&biw=857&bih=679

4 1/2 stars out of 5 on ocado for bog roll with added vitamin E.

I am entitled to toilet roll with A-Z vitamins, impregnated with anti-Ecoli silver antibacterial foil and Katie Price fragrance, dammit! Entitled damm you!

Edited by Money Spinner

HOLA4422

If football didn't exist I really think that most men in this country would struggle to communicate or bond with each other. Most likely they'd sit in silence stuck for conversation.

HOLA4423

Interestingly two decades on from the film, they do make toilet roll with vitamins!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vitamins+in+toilet+roll&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a#q=vitamins+in+toilet+roll&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=f7fd0fca9be5b50a&biw=857&bih=679

4 1/2 stars out of 5 on ocado for bog roll with added vitamin E.

I am entitled to toilet roll with A-Z vitamins, impregnated with anti-Ecoli silver antibacterial foil and Katie Price fragrance, dammit! Entitled damm you!

They'll probably also supply users with preparations to combat any infections (down there ;) ) from added "vitamins" on the toilet roll.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

If you teach children they are just accidents that came from a mutant ape one day, and the greatest thing they can hope for with their few years on earth is to accumulate a pile of possessions, then don't be surprised when the society that comes out at the other end is shallow, brutal and stupid.

Edited by Britney's Piers