House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
laura122

Leasehold Extension And Getting Neighbours Names And Addresses

We live in a block of flats where the freeholders are trying to charge us 7K per flat for service charges and improvement works even though the flat is only worth 100K

I was speaking to my partner last night and we want to get together with the other leaseholders and see whether they want to buy the freehold collectively.

The block has 50 flats inside it

My question is how I can find the names and addresses of all the leaseholders - Some of the flats are rented out so knocking on each door obviously is not going to work (and people might get rightly suspicious)

I have called Land Registry who have said that it costs £4 per title copy

Does anyone have a better idea of what can be done here?

We live in a block of flats where the freeholders are trying to charge us 7K per flat for service charges and improvement works even though the flat is only worth 100K

I was speaking to my partner last night and we want to get together with the other leaseholders and see whether they want to buy the freehold collectively.

The block has 50 flats inside it

My question is how I can find the names and addresses of all the leaseholders - Some of the flats are rented out so knocking on each door obviously is not going to work (and people might get rightly suspicious)

Purchasing the freehold (aka collective enfranchisement) is a long and drawn out process. Right to Manage on the other hand takes less time and is less complicated. If there is a service charge issue that requires immediate attention, I suggest you go down the RTM route either on its own or simultaneously with freehold purchase. Here is an informative website about these: http://www.proleagle.com/righttomanage.htm

Sadly, the best way of finding out names and addresses of leaseholders is to download the Office Copy Entry from the Land Registry at cost.

The hunter becomes the hunted?

You had £200K deposit in 2010 when you were even thinking of becoming a landlord, and posting up some really grotty places which you felt had great yield. If this flat is yours, you could always pay the charge.

<snip>

You are looking to save thousands but won't spend £192 at the Land Registry?

Maybe you should rethink this if at the first legal cost you are balking.

Shakerbaby was right about Laura122 I think when he said this, 'Bull in bear clothing. I suspected a long time ago.'

A few of her threads

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=128560

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=130853&st=0

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=133858&st=0