House Price Crash Forum

Hi New Member From Oxfordshire

hello i've just joined and am from oxfordshire, we are hoping to buy a house in lincolnshire in the next year or so and are interested in any advice about what areas are best in lincolnshire we have been looking at spalding and boston but are not set on where yet , we are hoping for a house with an acre or so but also work is important o/h is willing to do most jobs so any advice on best areas for work would be great also , seems like a great site to seek advice :):)

hello i've just joined and am from oxfordshire, we are hoping to buy a house in lincolnshire in the next year or so and are interested in any advice about what areas are best in lincolnshire we have been looking at spalding and boston but are not set on where yet , we are hoping for a house with an acre or so but also work is important o/h is willing to do most jobs so any advice on best areas for work would be great also , seems like a great site to seek advice :):)

Welcome to the party.

Here's a regional thread which may contain useful info about Lincolnshire. If there is no thread for the place(s) you are interested in, start one and you may get replies from others.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=56

If you've not done so, it's a good idea to install Firefox web browser and the Property Bee add on, the benefits of which will become self evident when you look at Rightmove post-installation.

Welcome.

i lived in Lincolnshire for a while. Although houses are cheaper there I'd give it a while if I were you. Prices are starting to fall nicely. They went up like a rocket in 2001/2002....so should return to that sort of level.

The Spalding/Boston area is FLAT. All reclaimed land apparently. Check the town called Bourne on a map...it used to be a fishing village in the middle ages apparently.

As a result there are more regs wrt foundations for new build houses.

The lumpier stuff starts on the road between Market Deeping (which I believe is below sea level) and Sleaford.

When viewed from Spalding, this area actually looks like a coastal area.

email for more if you like.

Hi. I wouldn't buy in Lincolnshire. Only rent.

It is likely to be the worst affected by rising sea levels. Whilst you may not be directly affected whilst living there, there could be a clock running down on the values of houses as levels rise, which they are forecast to do.

One of the features of our failing country is its giving up on trying to keep back the sea. It's all being given back up...often under the guise of 'being green' and environmentally friendly for migrating birds.

Have look at this interactive tool and you will see what I mean.

http://www.globalwar...pecial:SeaLevel

2jg8bd3.jpg

Ha, that's brilliant. I may buy a beach front apartment in Preston or Pontefract.

This website will either make you a very cautious and learned house buyer and/or renter, or a ranting lunatic who needs some tin foil to get a decent nights sleep.

Oh, and its probably best to avoid mentioning gold, the BNP, Kent, poor people and immigrants, lest you start a keyboard fight.

Hi. I wouldn't buy in Lincolnshire. Only rent.

It is likely to be the worst affected by rising sea levels. Whilst you may not be directly affected whilst living there, there could be a clock running down on the values of houses as levels rise, which they are forecast to do.

One of the features of our failing country is its giving up on trying to keep back the sea. It's all being given back up...often under the guise of 'being green' and environmentally friendly for migrating birds.

Have look at this interactive tool and you will see what I mean.

http://www.globalwar...pecial:SeaLevel

2jg8bd3.jpg

if only there was a scintilla of truth to the great Marxist excuse global warming agenda that would be a really helpful website, thanks.

Welcome, you have made it thus far, but to become a fully fledged member and receive the full benefits of posting here you must now find and kill an estate agent.

Dont be so melodramatic.... The rules were changed a while back. New entrants need only 'kneecap' an Estate Agent!!

• 2 weeks later...

:) hi again, thank you for the welcomes and the information given, we have always had concerns about the rising sea levels and thats what put us off our first choice of Norfolk where i grow up for some years as a child. The map is excellent and is the first time we have been able to see for ourselves what areas of the u.k are effected and the approx time scales . Am i right in thinking there are some parts of Lincolnshire that wont be effected ? i.e Bourne,Grantham,Sleaford ? Although nothing is written in stone yet in regards to where we relocate we really do want a slower country life for the family and intend to be more self sufficient , we cannot afford to do this in oxfordshire as it is just so expensive to buy what we would like to here and you get a lot more for your money further north but we don't want to compromise our kids futures. I need to give this a lot more thought :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...