House Price Crash Forum
AvidFan

Still Gold? Good To Start A New Thread...

Everyone has gone silent on the Gold issue recently... I saw one thread started recently that mentioned the "D" word... which I assume made a few people think the Gold argument wasn't as watertight as it was once touted to be...

Have people's position on Gold changed recently? Will the HPC here or in America with -15%/Q ish falls cause deflation that will dwarf any commodity inflation??

I saw another thread with project £/$ exchange at 1.68 by Q1 2006. So does a weakening of the £ mean that Gold will be the right place to hold money by default ??

I'd really like some serious input from Dr. B, Cynago and the like if possible...

Everyone has gone silent on the Gold issue recently... I saw one thread started recently that mentioned the "D" word... which I assume made a few people think the Gold argument wasn't as watertight as it was once touted to be...

Have people's position on Gold changed recently? Will the HPC here or in America with -15%/Q ish falls cause deflation that will dwarf any commodity inflation??

I saw another thread with project £/$ exchange at 1.68 by Q1 2006. So does a weakening of the £ mean that Gold will be the right place to hold money by default ??

I'd really like some serious input from Dr. B, Cynago and the like if possible...

It does seem to go quiet when the predictions turn out to be unhelpful. I'm sure someone will draw you a lovely graph very soon....

I would strongly suggest to put approximately 10%-20% of one's savings in gold as a hedge against inflation.

Even after the recent price rises, gold is still very cheap compared to oil and other commodities. Historically, one ounce of gold has bought on average 17 barrels of oil. Today one ounce of gold still buys less than 8 barrels of oil. Before the recent gold run up, it touched a record low of approx 6 barrels/ounce.

I would sell any stocks, bonds and real estate as these are dangerously overvalued and will without doubt mean revert in a very painful correction, which seems to have started already.

I also recommend to differentiate some of your cash to Euro and CHF to hedge against GBP decline, which seems likely.

Not an opinion shared by Standard Life Investments.

Of course they are bullish. They will be unable to meet their liabilities if the stock market doesn't go up.

You might be interested to know that Moodys are rating the outlook for Standard Life Bank as negative (NEG), and their financial strength as D+ which is quite bad.

See http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...pe=post&id=1636

Guest muttley

Of course they are bullish. They will be unable to meet their liabilities if the stock market doesn't go up.

They are not just being bullish,they are putting their money where their mouth is.The article describes funds making "a tactical switch" into equities.Why would they do this if shares are overvalued?

Even after the recent price rises, gold is still very cheap compared to oil and other commodities. Historically, one ounce of gold has bought on average 17 barrels of oil. Today one ounce of gold still buys less than 8 barrels of oil. Before the recent gold run up, it touched a record low of approx 6 barrels/ounce.

I thought the increase in the price of oil was due to increased demand.Why should it be linked to the price of gold?

Guest tenant super

You might be interested to know that Moodys are rating the outlook for Standard Life Bank as negative (NEG), and their financial strength as D+ which is quite bad.

See http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...pe=post&id=1636

Cgnao,

Standard Life Investments are not the same entity as Standard Life Bank am sorry to say, as an indicator Standard Life's With Profit strength is Excellent.

Silent?

Maybe. too busy trading these shares, and making big money to comment much here

You must be having a bubble bath!!

:lol::lol:

The amount of time you spent writing and drawing 'data' on here I'm suprised you have time to make a living :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If like you I were making 'big money' I would be making plans for retirement to a Carribean island to be pampered by girls with fit 'booties'. Instead you draw endless graphs and write 500 word comments here I suspect you are not 'making big money' :rolleyes::rolleyes: .

All the people I know who make 'big/proper' money don't have time to post endless nonsense on websites about 'blue moons' and Fiobanacci or whatever blah :lol::lol:

I would strongly suggest to put approximately 10%-20% of one's savings in gold as a hedge against inflation.

I would sell any stocks, bonds and real estate as these are dangerously overvalued and will without doubt mean revert in a very painful correction, which seems to have started already.

Are you people mad to even ask for this idiots advice??

:blink::blink::blink:

He says to sell all your stock, bonds and real estate. Then what? Buy gold and shove it up your rectum and await armaggedon? It would be interesting to know how much money both this muppet and Dr Bubbs have actually made over the last few years and then we can judge how to view their rantings :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wouldn't touch these guys with a barge pole

Guest muttley
It would be interesting to know how much money both this muppet and Dr Bubbs have actually made over the last few years and then we can judge how to view their rantings

Maybe all HPC members should be forced to reveal their salaries so that we can judge the validity of their arguments. :ph34r::ph34r:

You go first.

Guest Riser

Silent?

Maybe. too busy trading these shares, and making big money to comment much here

Not surprised Dr B things are moving fast we live in exciting times

Gold Silver, and OXS are doing well, we may see some consolidation before the push to Au $500 but I have never made as much in a couple of months and am happy holding B)

Thanks

Riser

Not surprised Dr B things are moving fast we live in exciting times

Gold Silver, and OXS are doing well, we may see some consolidation before the push to Au $500 but I have never made as much in a couple of months and am happy holding B)

Thanks

Riser

Ok, you've never made as much but how much is that? Given that gold has risen approx 15% over a year and you guys invest 5-20% of your savings(which don't seem to be much) I'm guessing max a few grand? So whats the biggie? The price of a good suit :lol:

Guest muttley

and OXS are doing well,

The sp of OXS has more to do with the political situation in Uzbekistan than the price of gold.These shares were trading at 90p plus in early 2004 and fell back to 41(ish) when a Ukraine style uprising was dealt with by the Uzbek military.

Don't expect this former Soviet state to play fair with western companies.You could be right about the price of gold and still lose your shirt on Oxus Gold.

I own shares in this company.

Guest muttley

Apparently, Oxus has $US100 million worth of political risk insurance which would pay out if the company was expropriated and the mines renationalised.

They started pouring silver yesterday aswell - Kerching

Thanks for the info.There is still a lot of room for the Uzbek's to manipulate the share price.They moved the goalposts on the Jerooy license last year,so I'd expect a few more twists and turns.The Soviets are the most affable people in the world,until they put a collar and tie on.

Ok, you've never made as much but how much is that? Given that gold has risen approx 15% over a year and you guys invest 5-20% of your savings(which don't seem to be much) I'm guessing max a few grand? So whats the biggie? The price of a good suit :lol:

Well thats odd because krugerrands this time last year were £226. Now they are £285 which is a 26% increase in a year. Bit different from 15%.

And just over 2 years ago (wonder where you were ?) a few examples for you.

Oxus Mining were 17p, now 60p = 352% profit.

Avocet Mining PLC were 35p now 95p = 271% profit

Peter Hambro were 285p now 827p = 289% profit

Monterrico Metals PLC were 77p now 489p = 635% profit

Think you may have missed the boat which is probably why you sound a bit wound up and dont really have a clue about anything. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by debtfree

Well thats odd because krugerrands this time last year were £226. Now they are £285 which is a 26% increase in a year. Bit different from 15%.

And just over 2 years ago (wonder where you were ?) a few examples for you.

Oxus Mining were 17p, now 60p = 352% profit.

Avocet Mining PLC were 35p now 95p = 271% profit

Peter Hambro were 285p now 827p = 289% profit

Monterrico Metals PLC were 77p now 489p = 635% profit

Think you may have missed the boat which is probably why you sound a bit wound up and dont really have a clue about anything. :lol::lol::lol:

As mentioned before its no point saying I've made a 1000% profit if that equates to £100( ie price of shirt) So if you don't mind how much in £s does all this profit amount to? B)

hey DRS, can I share with you my thoughts?? (probably a good proportion of other members as well)

"F**K OFF, YOU COMPLETE IDIOT" :ph34r:

[/quo You are very welcome to share your thoughts. Its a shame they had to be profanities but thats your choice. :huh:

The point is that it would be very handy to know the substance of those that come on here preaching. As I said earlier its all very well to talk of 500% increases but what does this equate to in cold hard cash? If its the amount a factory worker makes in a day then you guys need a reality check. If its not and you are pulling in £10k a deal then I'll shut up. So whats the answer? :rolleyes:

Either give the numbers or stop trying to give people advice :o

As mentioned before its no point saying I've made a 1000% profit if that equates to £100( ie price of shirt) So if you don't mind how much in £s does all this profit amount to? B)

Why does that matter ?

If a horse is 10/1 and someone puts down a fiver for it to win and someone else puts down 20K, does it make any difference. If the horse wins then both punters were correct. Lets say an old granny made 300% profit on her savings of 5K in 2 years then happy days, it would take years for the bank to pay that return. Its about making your money work for you no matter how much you have.

You sound very young to be honest and maybe need to go away and think a bit about what your saying.

Guest muttley

I seem to remember that DrB. said his best day was a 5 figure sum (US dollars).I assume he means profits realised,rather than profit in one day.

My best is a "five bagger".Invested 5k(sterling) 2002.Worth 25k now.

Quid pro quo,DRS.

I have a better idea, you (DRS) give us a rest from yr annoying posts :angry:

and just piss off, and stop telling US (and particularly WELL RESPECTED members like DR BUBB) what to do

At the end of the day, numbers are NOT important, theories are, therefore DRE kindly "piss off" :ph34r:

and just piss off, and stop telling US (and particularly WELL RESPECTED members like DR BUBB) what to do

At the end of the day, numbers are NOT important, theories are, therefore DRE kindly "piss off" :ph34r:

Being angry and using bad language is not going to help matters.

Try keeping a cooler head numper ;)

Why does that matter ?

If a horse is 10/1 and someone puts down a fiver for it to win and someone else puts down 20K, does it make any difference. If the horse wins then both punters were correct. Lets say an old granny made 300% profit on her savings of 5K in 2 years then happy days, it would take years for the bank to pay that return. Its about making your money work for you no matter how much you have.

You sound very young to be honest and maybe need to go away and think a bit about what your saying.

We are NOT talking about betting on horses!!

:rolleyes:

Even so the person who put 20k on won 200k the other guy isn't even worth talking about.

Whether you consider me young depends on how old you are I suppose

I seem to remember that DrB. said his best day was a 5 figure sum (US dollars).I assume he means profits realised,rather than profit in one day.

My best is a "five bagger".Invested 5k(sterling) 2002.Worth 25k now.

Quid pro quo,DRS.

Dr Bubbs 'best day' sounds impressive. I'll take my hat off to that.

Muttley, £5k to £25k in 3 years is not to be sneezed at but hardly earth shattering

why don't you see if you can stick your tongue further up Bubb's bottom?? Are you that sad that you need an internet hero to make your life better?

Are you really that dim?? :o:o Theories don't mean anything if they do not produce the goods. So in other words you would rather watch and talk rather than take part. I hope you don't extend this to your sex life aswell :lol::lol::lol:

my sovereign suppliers have all put there prices up by 5 pounds in the last week for every sovereign, the price now for a common daye, average grade soveregn is now in the 70 range.

last year i was buying them for 60 each.

on ebay the same thing has happened there all getting 5 pounds more than they did a month ago, and the amount for sale has also reduced significantly as more are preferring to hold onto them.