House Price Crash Forum
othello

Btl'er Getting Out

Buy this!

Apart from the hilarious title '12 bedroom apartment' and interesting use of a new English verb 'to tenant' as in 'the properties are currently tenanted' is the landlord expecting someone to pay £1.2 million (bulk discount!)

Edited by othello

Buy this!

Apart from the hilarious title '12 bedroom apartment' and interesting use of a new English verb 'to tenant' as in 'the properties are currently tenanted' is the landlord expecting someone to pay £1.2 million (bulk discount!)

no interior photos, no individual room dimensions for each of the flats. Will someone's interest in stumping up a mill on this be piqued?

I like the line about being flexible in leaving tenants in situ = I'm screwed with any voids prior to sale.

If the properties are all 'tenanted' then it's going to be difficult to raise mortgage financing. Are there many buyers out there with £1.2million in cash ready to invest in Milton Keynes? Maybe some of those wealthy Russian/Arab investors that were going to buy out the Wilsons' portfolio.

Edited by Little Professor

How bout this, some tarmac for £14k.....

Rightmove link

Hmmmmm wonder what the yield could be on that.... 0%?

Actually it's worth a fair bit to the right person. Parking in central Bristol is a nightmare, and that's where a lot of the financial services firms have their offices. It's a good parking spot for someone commuting in from a nice big house in the countryside each day.

It is utterly immoral though - presumably it's the parking that's meant to be allocated to a flat in the block its in? Where do the people living in the flat park?

Oh no, I see, it's BTLer screwing his tenants for a bit more money... :angry:

Actually it's worth a fair bit to the right person. Parking in central Bristol is a nightmare, and that's where a lot of the financial services firms have their offices. It's a good parking spot for someone commuting in from a nice big house in the countryside each day.

It is utterly immoral though - presumably it's the parking that's meant to be allocated to a flat in the block its in? Where do the people living in the flat park?

Very antisocial. There will probably be a couple of visitors' parking spaces which the actual occupier of the flat will use permanently thereafter. I'm surprised this is even legally possible. Does the owner of the parking spaces have to pay maintenance? Very weird deal.

That's why you take a train to Temple Meads.... oh what do you mean you live in a village with no train station? :lol:

Plenty of people drive to their nearest local train station and commute into Temple Meads. To attempt to drive into the city during rush hour is stupid and time-wasting. This makes such parking spots only useful for spivs and the uber-rich.

I think he knew and was going along with the joke.

(Didn't we used to go on about this a lot? It bumps up Rightmove's asking houseprice averages. There are probably some old threads.)

I must have missed those threads and never thought about how it might inflate their asking prices but can see what you mean.