House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Big E-Petition Underway On Overcrowding

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2055931/Immigration-petition-The-chance-make-voice-heard.html

BIG e-peition to put an end to the free-for-all immigration and crowding (house demand). The petition is getting 1000 siggies every 20 minutes and may hit the required 100k in record time.

Please sign and get everyone you know to do the same.

Here is the petitiion:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19658

No to 70 million
Responsible department: Home Office
Over the past ten years the government has permitted mass immigration despite very strong public opposition reflected in numerous opinion polls. We express our deep concern that, according to official figures, the population of the UK is expected to reach 70 million within 20 years with two thirds of the increase due to immigration. While we recognise the benefits that properly controlled immigration could bring to our economy and society, this population increase, which is the equivalent of building seven cities the size of Birmingham, will have a huge impact both on our quality of life and on our public services yet the public has never been consulted. So we call on the government to take all necessary steps to get immigration down to a level that will stabilise our population as close to the present level as possible and, certainly, well below 70 million."

FWIW, I signed up with UKIP last week! If we work together we can change this country and turn things around but we have to work together and break the hold of Lib-Lab-Con and the rest of the VIs.

Enough is enough. I have signed. The only latitude the Government has is to stem free movement from the EU. Keeping up the pressure will mean treaty adjustments sooner rather than later.

I am half-Polish - if I sign it will I be kicked out?

yes, now go sign.

P.S. Signed it also.

Edited by alexw

You'll need my Polish half when the Hun is at the door... again... :lol:

Nobody gets kicked out, it just means your Polish half sister doesn't get in until the next pair of wrinklies leaves for a retirement villa on the Costa Del Cholo ;)

17th in the list of most signed and the top few have been up for months. This one could hit 1 million in a few weeks if the momentum keeps growing.

e-petition name

Signatures

Closing

Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits. View

09/02/2012

Full disclosure of all government documents relating to 1989 Hillsborough disaster View

09/08/2012

CHEAPER PETROL AND DIESEL, BY ROBERT HALFON MP AND FAIRFUEL UK View

05/08/2012

Make financial education a compulsory part of the school curriculum View

12/02/2012

Put Babar Ahmad on trial in the UK View

10/11/2011

Public & Private Pension Increases - change from RPI to CPI View

08/05/2012

Britain wants referendum to leave EU View

04/08/2012

Petition to force the Sun newspaper to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sources and documents View

18/01/2012

Keep Formula 1 Free To Air in the UK View

04/08/2012

Petition to retain the ban on Capital Punishment View

04/02/2012

Save our media View

02/09/2012

Restore Capital Punishment View

04/02/2012

Increase policing DONT CUT IT View

09/02/2012

Cashless Scrap Metal Trade - Amendment to Scrap Metal Merchants Act 1964 View

08/08/2012

Stop HS2 View

04/08/2012

No to 70 million View

20/10/2012

Half kicked out! :lol:

I've signed. I've a feeling this one is going to be big... B)

I just forwarded to my work colleagues and someone has just piped up that this e-petition is all over facebook... Yep, gonna be huge.

You'll need my Polish half when the Hun is at the door... again... :lol:

Sorry, but next time we're going to arrange to be on the same side as Germany. It will be so much more convenient... <_<

Sorry, but next time we're going to arrange to be on the same side as Germany. It will be so much more convenient... <_<

17,588 signatures.

I attended a lecture last week and it appears you may be correct. Germany and France are already "in talks" and its bigger than the EU problems.

In the meantime, the E-petition is still getting hundreds of siggies every few minutes--15th place within the next 10 minutes? Could be number 1 by the weekend even?

Talking of the Daily Mail, is the BBC Motorway Cops made by them? It only seems to be foreign chancers who are driving around the UK roads over the limit, uninsured and without a driving licence. Shurely this can't be true.

Just moved into 15th place. Keep it up --this can be the most signed e-petition ever before the weekend is upon us!

17,994 and about to go to 14th place with another 200 siggies or so.

Edited by Realistbear

Nobody gets kicked out, it just means your Polish half sister doesn't get in until the next pair of wrinklies leaves for a retirement villa on the Costa Del Cholo ;)

If the old wrinklies return to the UK does that mean that TMT's sister has to be kicked out again?

If the old wrinklies return to the UK does that mean that TMT's sister has to be kicked out again?

Depends if they're in a box or not..

[edit.. sorry, that's in the worst possible taste]

Edited by libspero