House Price Crash Forum

I Bought A Stamp At Lunchtime

HOLA441

It was surreal. I go into my local CTN newsagent with sub-postoffice; buy a £1 stamp, complain about the price and get a ten minute rant from the other side of the counter about how he has to hand out £180 every two weeks to people on disability despite there being nothing wrong with them. This guy really resents handing over the money. He told me if I thought £1 was too much for a stamp (letter to Switzerland) I should get myself on disability toot sweet and then it would seem like nothing. :lol:

I would have pointed him at HPC, but he doesn't have the kind of job where you can surf the net all day. ;)

Edited by Nationalist

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Are you planning to hide more money in Switzerland? Like I said before this is treason for a nationalist like yourself! <_<:lol:

I've never made any secret of the fact my savings are in CHF and have been since 2009. Being a "nationalist" doesn't mean I have to stand around and let my wealth be leeched away by a traitor government which is in the process of inflating away the debts. Sod that.

Most nationalists believe in precious metal currencies anyway. I'd be in physical silver if it weren't for VAT and CGT. The original pound sterling was a pound of silver (price today £850) and I'd be all for going back to silver coins. (Gold is impractical as an every-day currency now.)

HOLA448

Wiow, a qualified doctor with the gift of assessing people's health just by glancing at them, stuck working in a PO. No wonder he's frustrated.

He did mention they don't even use walking sticks. :P

I think he felt particular ire at the fact they can walk unassisted.

Maybe I should find out what day he doles out the DLA cash and take some video. B)

HOLA449

It was surreal. I go into my local CTN newsagent with sub-postoffice; buy a £1 stamp, complain about the price and get a ten minute rant from the other side of the counter about how he has to hand out £180 every two weeks to people on disability despite there being nothing wrong with them. This guy really resents handing over the money. He told me if I thought £1 was too much for a stamp (letter to Switzerland) I should get myself on disability toot sweet and then it would seem like nothing. :lol:

I would have pointed him at HPC, but he doesn't have the kind of job where you can surf the net all day. ;)

Mrs Caveat refunds travel expenses (on behalf of her public sector employer) to people on benefits. Refunds co-ordinator isnt her official title, but they now need 2 people paying out refunds full time; its badly organised.

The bit she really hates is that many cannot be ar$ed to take the correct forms with them for the re-imbursement to prove they are eligiblie. This despite having a letter sent out to them to tell them the process / what to bring if they are re-claiming. The only bit they bother reading is where to go and how much to ask for. When refused they display a generally sh!tey attitude and start shouting.

The only thing that makes all this better is she tells me that plenty of people live in streets where the cheapest house is £300k, yet the would be claimants are desperate enough to stand in a queue for 40 mins to reclaim a £2.50 bus ticket and then stand about to argue the toss when they find they arent eligible. It wont be long my friends before these people capitulate.

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

HOLA4410

He did mention they don't even use walking sticks. :P

I think he felt particular ire at the fact they can walk unassisted.

Maybe I should find out what day he doles out the DLA cash and take some video. B)

He sounds a miserable sh*t.

Not having a walking stick is the measure of good health? Perhaps he'd like to personally cripple his customers.

Oh, and I'd like to see a video of you moaning about the price of stamps. It would be quite thrilling, I'm sure.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Went into a sports shop in Lakeside a few weeks back and bought a pair of shorts. Cannot remember how the conversation strarted but , the lady serving me told me how she was fked off with this country , the pay, the bills , the doom and gloom, said she wanted to sell up pack up and go. My Dad had the same conversation with a guy who came to lay a new carpet last week.

I think in both instances and the one with the postmaster that the op describes people have just had enough . The postmaster pointed out the DLA people , but for others it will be a different moan . The more people you talk to and broach the subject the more dissgruntled you find people have become.

HOLA4414

I knew a postmaster back in the 90s, used to drink in the pub I worked at through school/college.

The stories he'd tell. At some point he was angry, but I think to deal with it day to day, you had to just give up and not care. People used to turn up in very expensive cars, with many booklets for various benefits and walk away with thousands. There seemed to be no way to report things as odd.

... that said, I'm fairly sure he made a fortune too.

HOLA4415

It was surreal.

I'm so glad I wasn't behind you in the queue - it would have been like watching a Pinter play without the upbeat ending...

... not that I completely disagree. There are some right scammers out there, and even some deserving souls are getting ridiculous amounts.

Bit like the bankers really.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I've never made any secret of the fact my savings are in CHF and have been since 2009. Being a "nationalist" doesn't mean I have to stand around and let my wealth be leeched away by a traitor government which is in the process of inflating away the debts. Sod that.

Most nationalists believe in precious metal currencies anyway. I'd be in physical silver if it weren't for VAT and CGT. The original pound sterling was a pound of silver (price today £850) and I'd be all for going back to silver coins. (Gold is impractical as an every-day currency now.)

How is CHF holding up against Sterling? Is there a graph anywhere we can refer to? I must search....

Could be a good thing to do... is it easy to open an account (online, say, or over the phone)?

HOLA4419

Whilst I dont resent genuine disability benefit claimants, I know just off the top of my head 3 people who claim this who in my eyes are perfectly healthy, Im sure im not the only one to see this happening

You should see my street. Chancers, the lot of them. One guy went round in a wheelchair yet one night we caught him trying out a Kawasaki motorbike!! He left the street after that... And straight across from us is a young guy who used to boast about his fitness and the football fights he'd get in... now he says he has a 'sore back' and gets benefit for that. Loads more stories if you want to hear lol...

HOLA4420

Whilst I dont resent genuine disability benefit claimants, I know just off the top of my head 3 people who claim this who in my eyes are perfectly healthy, Im sure im not the only one to see this happening

So you are a trained doctor and you have seen their case history?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

We have 2,600,000 people claiming incapacity benefit in the UK. And God only knows how many more are out there that don't bother to claim! It's a hapless boom. We'll be tripping over them before too long (which certainly won't help alleviate the situation). Are we breeding them for the special Olympics or something?

HOLA4425