House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Insurance Jobs

Forget the Prodigy, could desperate BTL landlords be the new twisted firestarters?

:wacko::blink::wacko::blink:

I’m the trouble shaker, f**in’ instigator.

I’m the fear addicted, danger illustrated.

I’m a fireshaker, twisted fireshaker.

You’re the fireshaker, twisted fireshaker.

I’m the b*tch you hated, filth infatuated.

Yeah. I’m the pain you tasted, fell intoxicated.

I’m the self inflicted, mind detonator.

Yeah. I’m the one infected, twisted animator.

I’m a fireshaker, twisted fireshaker... shaker... shaker...

Shaker...

Edited by shakerbaby

Joking aside I would like to hear comments on whether or not it is possible a BTL landlord could 'do an insurance job' to cut their losses, and whether these things have happened before during previous crashes. :unsure:

Never thought about fire escapes :o

All of the new build city buildings that I've lived in have good fire alarm systems.

But I never saw an additional fire escape route or even fire extinguishing equipment.

Shocking :ph34r:

Never thought about fire escapes :o

All of the new build city buildings that I've lived in have good fire alarm systems.

But I never saw an additional fire escape route or even fire extinguishing equipment.

Shocking :ph34r:

They'll all have fire escape routes - generally why new builds have concrete stair wells....

Guest growl

Joking aside I would like to hear comments on whether or not it is possible a BTL landlord could 'do an insurance job' to cut their losses, and whether these things have happened before during previous crashes. :unsure:

Well I do remember that just before the last crash as it was tipping over. I worked at this night club part-time. The owner burnt it down three times. The last two in one year. Then the police got involved and arrested him.

A while later one the crash was under way. I knew of a couple of land lords who did insurance scams, or so the rumur went, then walked away.

Basically lots of stuff started to go on. The money ran out people were in debt up to their eye balls, and things got desperate.

Plus people can make do with different lifestyles. I noticed that those that were used to having rich lifestyles and outwardly showed this eg. cars, property, boats and all that guff. These were the people that became the most desperate. They started to behave like criminals because they could not bear to lose all the trappings of their lifestyle.

Whereas the people who may have had some real money behind them just downsized, and survived the recession. Then as the country pulled itself out these people began to profit again.

Now I had no money before the last crash. But this time things will be different.

Some people can cut back and still enjoy life. But for others the idea is just too much for them.

What really get me is that these people that's can't bear to lose the trappings of their fancy lifestyle are really showing off to people just like them. They rarely have any real freinds. That's why they are terrified of downsizeing because they know deep down their freinds are not real, and that they will be left with nobody.

R2 had a talk-in an hour or so about Arson, seems it's becoming a bit of a national pastime.

200 cars a day are set alight, apparently !

Buckers

Yep I heard the show, said Arson has increased from something like 1000 cases per yr. in the 1960's to about 50000 cases per yr. now !!

Must be the BTL'ers :ph34r:

gives a whole new meaning to "crash+burn!"