House Price Crash Forum

Whats The Score With This One?

mumblesmental

HOLA441
HOLA442

This has been on the market for years! i think te price has dropped from 530k to 510k after many years.Does the seller actually want to sell???!

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=10186753

It is mere yards from one of the busiest, noisiest main roads in Swansea isn't it?

Edit:

Shame really, as I recall liking the look of those houses when they were built but 500K?

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA443

I've just valued a house in Tycoch.

Dawsons valued it this morning £50,000 more than I did :o

Another vendor asked me to give her a valuation on her house. We have been tenanting one of her properties, so I knew what her house was like. Told her my opinion and she said that Simpsons have been trying to sell it for nearly 2 years for £60,000 more. I did tell her that's why its been on the market for so long. :rolleyes:

HOLA444
HOLA445

Tycoch prices are falling through the floor. The buses through Tycoch have been greatly reduced.

The Tycoch Square is a ghost town and the houses on the hill, which is now called Sketty because of the new Sketty school halfway up it, are basically places only to live in if you are prepared to jump in a car everytime you want to go anywhere - not a place for asthmatics, such steep hills.

If the nearby housing development on the flatter part of Hendrofolian Woods go ahead I can see the houses on the hill becoming even less desirable IMPO.

Nah, Tycoch is a bit of a nothing place now IMPO.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Which may be a reason for my lower valuation. I noticed PA have had a property for sale up there for 2-3 years. Its a 4 bed for £230,000. Nothing up there of that size or standard ever sold above that price even at the peak.

There have been several up there over the past 2 - 3 years up to 350K asking believe it or not. Loads in the late 200s and plenty between 230 and 240. All stayed on the market for ages eventually dropping in price slowly or, if lucky, someone came along and bought.

For the reasons I stated the place should be much cheaper. Why on Earth anyone pays over 230 for a house in Tycoch is simply beyond me.