House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CommonSense

In The Interests Of Balanced Opinion

Bulls,

This post is for you to air your views and opinions.

I would like you to convince me to buy a house.

Please come up with your finest financial reasoning why I would currently be better off buying than renting at this point, currently, right now, today, 10th October 2005.

Go on whet my appetite.

The floor is yours.

Bird flu is about to wipe out humanity according to the media. You will wish to have somewhere to hide up and not make any contact with human beings for about 2 years.

If you are into BDSM then having your own property means it is easier to convert a space into a dungeon.

If you are a mass murderer then it is easier to control where the bodies are buried.

Bird flu is about to wipe out humanity according to the media. You will wish to have somewhere to hide up and not make any contact with human beings for about 2 years.

If you are into BDSM then having your own property means it is easier to convert a space into a dungeon.

If you are a mass murderer then it is easier to control where the bodies are buried.

I call in the Estate Agents after work. :)

Mortgage equity withdrawal is picking up again - sign that owner occupiers are confident that house prices will continue to march upwards???

Mortgage equity withdrawal is picking up again - sign that owner occupiers are confident that house prices will continue to march upwards???

Caused by the herd is still being sold optimistic lies by the VIs. Or those people needing more short term cash.

Interest rates are historically low and the banks will lend to anybody.

Get in now, lock in a low rate for 10 years.

You'll only be worse off if you need to sell short term.

Interest rates are historically low and the banks will lend to anybody.

Get in now, lock in a low rate for 10 years.

You'll only be worse off if you need to sell short term.

But I need a three-bedroom house for my family, which currently retails at 8 times my salary for a fixer upper in asboland. So I would be unable to afford to feed and clothe my family in my proud, shiny, new, vandalised home.

Bulls,

This post is for you to air your views and opinions.

I would like you to convince me to buy a house.

Please come up with your finest financial reasoning why I would currently be better off buying than renting at this point, currently, right now, today, 10th October 2005.

Go on whet my appetite.

The floor is yours.

Im not bullish as far as property investment goes, but in terms of buying a home there is no question in my mind that I would rather buy than rent. Life is too short to sit around worrying. Buy, enjoy, end of.

Sure you might possibly get a cheaper home in a couple of years, but you might not and in the meantime youve spent 17520 hours waiting and praying for a price drop. Not for me thanks.

Depends where exactly you would like to buy a house.

Also depends on your circumstances.

Also depends on what your motives for wanting to buy / rent.

It isn't as black and white as bulls versus bears.