House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

council dweller

Tyres! I'm Looking For The Best (Cheapest) Online Site.

There was a thread on here a few months back but I can't find the damn thing...

Tyres at much lower prices than black circles and about 1/3 the price of rip off central (Quick fit)

??????

I'm due myself. I have quite expensive tyres if I want premiums - circa £200 each.

However, recently I had a mid range brand out on called Kuomo. The garage said they were very good indeed, quite safe and half price. I think they're Korean and I've found them perfectly acceptable and grippy - but I am not a maniac driver, so don;t really rag a car.

Will they affect the resale value? :P

A guy at work had his delivered to work all wrapped up in brown paper they were....where did they come from we asked...ebay he said........the following week he had sandbags delivered...what a laugh we had trying to work out what his mystery ebay parcels were each week. ;)

On car forums you tend to see camskill, mytyres and event tyres mentioned. Not so much Black circles any more as it doesn't seem as competitive as it once was.

Like everything else tyres seem far more expensive than they used to be.

If you've got a car model popular with drug dealers or boy racers eBay can throw up some bargains for tyres already balanced on rims when they upgrade to some daft low profile alloys.

Edit to add: This sounds like a Viz top tip

On car forums you tend to see camskill, mytyres and event tyres mentioned. Not so much Black circles any more as it doesn't seem as competitive as it once was.

Like everything else tyres seem far more expensive than they used to be.

They are, due to the price of natural rubber and crude.

I've been waiting for CostCo's 20% off Michelin offer, runs from 31st October.

Would etyres be the site you're looking for?

No, cheaper still, about 28 to 30 quid.

Disposal costs have increased as well I believe causing the new prices to be loaded accordingly at Kwik Fit type places.

What Size?

Small. I'm afraid to look at this time of night, I might be bending over to read the numbers and have a meeting with 'Big Paul' our local homo rapist.(Rover 414)

Thanks everybody, hopefully someone will be able to make use of the tyredrive site, not just me.

A couple of Kumho's at about 30 quid each(+ +) should do me....

I'm due myself. I have quite expensive tyres if I want premiums - circa £200 each.

However, recently I had a mid range brand out on called Kuomo. The garage said they were very good indeed, quite safe and half price. I think they're Korean and I've found them perfectly acceptable and grippy - but I am not a maniac driver, so don;t really rag a car.

I'm pretty sure we have had this conversation before. Kumho's are fine. :)