House Price Crash Forum
miko

Nigel Form Ukip On Qtime

Well, I think I can safely say the UK is going to continue being the bankers bitch for the foreseeable future. :lol:

Nige thinks all the Occupy protesters live in Hampstead and get packed lunches from Mummy. Oh dear, I guess the pinstriped suit should have been a clue.

I agree. Nigel Farage just came across as a total ars3hole with his comments about the St Paul's protesters :angry:

After his Euro rants etc my respect had really gone up for him but the above and the religious views he seemed to throw in the mix has lost my vote too.

Also no one mentioned that the protesters didn't choose to go and protest there but wanted to camp at LSE but were prevented by the police!!!

Guy who commented that Jesus would be scratching his beard at the £13.50 to get into St Paul's was the highlight though :lol:

Edited by GeordieAndy

Guest spp

Yeah I didn't agree on his St Pauls bit, but he still shits on everyone else for me. Even I ain't perfect :D

He certainly does have a point about remembrance sunday.

To suggest Threadneedle Street as an alternative would have been a home run though.

I agree. Nigel Farage just came across as a total ars3hole with his comments about the St Paul's protesters :angry:

After his Euro rants etc my respect had really gone up for him but the above and the religious views he seemed to throw in the mix has lost my vote too.

Also no one mentioned that the protesters didn't choose to go and protest there but wanted to camp at LSE but were prevented by the police!!!

Guy who commented that Jesus would be scratching his beard at the £13.50 to get into St Paul's was the highlight though :lol:

So it's £13.50 even to participate in St Paul's "core function" as a spokesman put it on the radio when discussing St Paul's position regarding the "occupy" people.

The "core function" he was referring to being worship.

Edited by billybong

This might be good .

There are three constants in the universe. Death, taxes and QT with Dimblebore being sh1t.

Nigel Farage just condemned the St Paul's protesters. He just lost my vote.

What do you expect? He used to be a banker before becoming politician...

Farage was educated at Dulwich College before joining a commodity brokerage firm in London. He ran his own brokerage business from the early 1990s until 2002.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Farage

He's part of the 1%.

Edited by awake_eagle

There are three constants in the universe. Death, taxes and QT with Dimblebore being sh1t.

You're not wrong. I had a strange detached "out of body" experience watching it last night.

Nigel Farage - "haw, haw,. haw, I can't wait to be out of Europe then me and my chums can really exploit the British people".

IDS - "You can have any vote on Europe you like as long as it's nothing important, I'm already lined up with a cushy little number in Brussels when this ends badly".

Gloria De Piero - "I used to be working class you know".

Jo Swinson - "Erm, but, erm, eff, umm, erm, let's just fudge it with a hopeless compromise"

Julian Fellowes - "Can we not just burn the poor and use them for fuel in winter?".

I could imagine people from the future looking back at the programme and shaking their heads thinking "the poor devils don't know what lies ahead".

You're not wrong. I had a strange detached "out of body" experience watching it last night.

Nigel Farage - "haw, haw,. haw, I can't wait to be out of Europe then me and my chums can really exploit the British people".

IDS - "You can have any vote on Europe you like as long as it's nothing important, I'm already lined up with a cushy little number in Brussels when this ends badly".

Gloria De Piero - "I used to be working class you know".

Jo Swinson - "Erm, but, erm, eff, umm, erm, let's just fudge it with a hopeless compromise"

Julian Fellowes - "Can we not just burn the poor and use them for fuel in winter?".

I could imagine people from the future looking back at the programme and shaking their heads thinking "the poor devils don't know what lies ahead".

I wish, I wish, I wish that UKIP would field credible candidates instead of the largely unelectable, improbable muppets that they do. I'm sure there are many perfectly good candidates of whom we're largely unaware, but with people like Farage and that other elderly buffer who used to act as a spokesman, their credibility is stuffed - there is nothing statesmanlike about any of them and the lack of gravitas limits credibility.

I wish, I wish, I wish that UKIP would field credible candidates instead of the largely unelectable, improbable muppets that they do. I'm sure there are many perfectly good candidates of whom we're largely unaware, but with people like Farage and that other elderly buffer who used to act as a spokesman, their credibility is stuffed - there is nothing statesmanlike about any of them and the lack of gravitas limits credibility.

Have you looked into the UK Pirate Party or the Libertarian party? I am currently looking into what genuine options there are for change within the UK political system and nothing feels quite right at the moment :blink:

Have you looked into the UK Pirate Party or the Libertarian party? I am currently looking into what genuine options there are for change within the UK political system and nothing feels quite right at the moment :blink:

Which is the reason I've been voting Green faute de mieux.

I notice Caroline Lucas (Green, Brighton Pavilion) voted FOR an EU referendum; not because she wants out - quite the reverse - but because she actually believes in - gasp! - democracy.

Well that's me and you cancelled out then

I'm still considering voting for them. I want to rattle the other parties enough to cause a proper debate on the size and scope of the EU. End of.

But we might be able to find a cure for the first. :)

Farage has some major flaws but nobody is perfect, and he's definitely a conviction politician. That he's flawed is obvious, question is how does he stack up against Camoron or Gromit or Clegg? Compared to the dismal trio he seems way better to me, warts and all.

Would rather have someone like Douglas Carswell but can't have everything.