House Price Crash Forum

Hope Youve Got Lots Of Beans

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just cant see anything in the uk worth fighting for anymore.

Personally I would like to see a new movement for conscientious objectors formed, headed by the grand wizard Bill Bailey.....

I think he'd get more conscripts than the army

video--bill-bailey-s-bunker-blog-4-the-trouble-with-mayans--QVVMHl1V0RTTHp0SWpmQT1Ub5kEVR1TP.jpeg

...................................YOUR COUNTRY DOES NOT NEED YOU!!............................................

Edited by Milton

She has a point.

Despite being a pacifist by nature, i can certainly imagine taking up arms and fighting the EU, if it completes it's relentless transformation into an undemocratic autoritarian superstate.

I'd be down the British Army recruitment office in the blink of an eye

Edited by pilchardthecat

Is it my imagination or is there a laughing cartoon face in that cloud?

Spoils the image when you realise it's computer generated.

I think it's imagination in the same way as people can see images of Christ or the Virgin Mary in a piece of toast.

Germany is treaty bound not to manufacture weapons of war nor increase the size of their standing forces.

What forces they have are only allowed to be used in a defensive role which created problems when the US/UK were banding about increasing allies for the invasion of Iraq. Germany did provide troops for that but only in a defensive NBC role.

It was us the French and the US who decreed so in the treaties agreed after the end of WW2.

Yes Germany can ignore those treaties and manufacture to prepare for war anyway much the way that Hitler did after WW1 ignoring the Versailles treaty but this time there is a subtle difference.

The powers to be in Moscow, London and Washington have the ability to turn Berlin to glass in an instant. Whilst it would be an exceptionally difficult decision for any British or US politician to do it the Russians (who suffered most in WW2) would not hesitate to pull the trigger if it became necessary.

Another way of looking at it is she is saying if you don't let Germany do what it wants to save the euro (which would eventually involve political integration of some sort to take controls of e.g. Greece's government finances) then we will find another way to run Europe....

And here we are, talking about war already.

Three days before the Falklands War, if you had told me that the UK would be at war, I would have thought you nuts.

A country can turn, just like that in an instant.

In fact there are mathematical models to show that things do not change slowly, bubbles burst, flowers suddenly open. Transitional stages are often fast.

Even though both World Wars were preceeded by rising tension, this is not absolutely necessary and the Falklands history shows it.

mdf495566.jpg

anyone that ever set off one of these against is fellow humans needs tortured, his family tortured, anyone who ever voted for him tortured and then killed. How there would ever be any excuse to use these bombs against your own species is one of the saddest and most pathetic things about the human race.

they bombs dropped on nagasaki and horishima were a stick of dynamite to what they have now. frightening and terrifying doesint even come close.

mdf495566.jpg

anyone that ever set off one of these against is fellow humans needs tortured, his family tortured, anyone who ever voted for him tortured and then killed. How there would ever be any excuse to use these bombs against your own species is one of the saddest and most pathetic things about the human race.

they bombs dropped on nagasaki and horishima were a stick of dynamite to what they have now. frightening and terrifying doesint even come close.

Are you being ironic?

And yet if they'd dropped one on Berlin on 3 September 1939 WWII would have been over by 4 September.

How many died 1939 - 1945? 50 million?

Life's complicated isn't it?

mdf495566.jpg

Purely out of interest,

How did you feel about the end of Gaddaffi?