House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bill65

October Factory Orders Suffer Biggest Drop In A Year

Factory orders fell at their fastest pace in a year in October and firms expected to cut output as worries about the euro zone debt crisis weighed on sentiment, the CBI's October industrial trends survey showed on Wednesday.

The Confederation of British Industry survey's total order book balance fell to -18 this month from -9 in September, the lowest since October 2010 and confounding expectations for a steady reading of -9.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/10/26/uk-britain-factory-idUKTRE79P2AY20111026

Factory orders fell at their fastest pace in a year in October and firms expected to cut output as worries about the euro zone debt crisis weighed on sentiment, the CBI's October industrial trends survey showed on Wednesday.

The Confederation of British Industry survey's total order book balance fell to -18 this month from -9 in September, the lowest since October 2010 and confounding expectations for a steady reading of -9.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/10/26/uk-britain-factory-idUKTRE79P2AY20111026

"Oh, I'm so worried about the euro zone debt crisis, I won't buy anything this month."

OR

"Oh, I haven't got any money and what's more, my customers haven't got any money, I won't buy anything this month."

Which is the more likely?

But how can this be? I was told by TPTB that trashing our currency and supressing interest rates to 300 year lows at the expense of inflation would boost our exports and save the country. What has gone wrong?!!

I just signed myself up to a training course for doleys, got the birds number who gives advice about training courses :), currently renting, and agrees with me that property prices will crash for a few years to come, then popped into the job centre, before having a look in cash converters to see if they have any gold/silver coins for sale (sometimes they underprice them you see ;) ), got myself some fish chips and peys for £2.25, had a wander back home, passed the local eastern european shop whom I have helped to apply for a license to sell alcohol, and have been discussing opening up a new English shop, next door with me running/managing it. Town was full of people, spending spending spending, in my town things are on the up. People were smiling, the tab ends on the floor were only half smoken!

Things may be different down South, but all I see up here is potential. I've been getting people asking me to do work for them, might even be enough work to cover my dole and pay the rent, think I might soon be able to sign off and go self employed!