House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PJ1977

Reality Biting At Top End?

There have been quite a few houses on sale in Malone Park ('Belfast's most prestgious address') for quite a long time.

It seems the vendors are coming round to the fact that they'll have to reduce the asking to make a sale.

In the last couple of weeks no.49 has been reduced by £300k or 17% and no.37has been cut by £155k or 16%. This follows an earlier price drop at no.38, reduced by 21% or £525k.

Also in BT9 an enormous pile on Osborne Gardens (owned by a property professional) has had been reduced twice in recent weeks - a total fall of £435k or 18%

Seen this one come on the mark last week

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/TRLTRL64731/49-Malone-Park/176939927/Page2

but seems to be just the house moving to new estate agents

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/BELFAST/ECSECS20875/49-Malone-Park/176939927/Page1

been on the market for a year down from 1.975m to 1.495 m

Rateable value is 1.3m

might put a offer of 900k and hope my lottery numbers come up at the weekend!!

Seen this one come on the mark last week

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/Belfast/TRLTRL64731/49-Malone-Park/176939927/Page2

but seems to be just the house moving to new estate agents

http://www.propertynews.com/Property/BELFAST/ECSECS20875/49-Malone-Park/176939927/Page1

been on the market for a year down from 1.975m to 1.495 m

Rateable value is 1.3m

might put a offer of 900k and hope my lottery numbers come up at the weekend!!

just notice that this is one of the houses mentioned in the original post. Two estate agents means they must be twice as likely to sell the house now!!!

Might be right-we had Strutt & Parker in to value our house last week(house move for family reasons)and they valued it at the same as the last on ein 2005 and said " we're selling 1.4m houses for 1.1m!"...now what these people know about valuation wouldn't fill a postage stamp but the vibe is definitely price to sell.

Having said that,with values at circa £400 psf(home counties Darling!)values are still unsustainable-a lot of people who have been used to pulling in big bucks are beginning to get seriously worried.

There have been quite a few houses on sale in Malone Park ('Belfast's most prestgious address') for quite a long time.

It seems the vendors are coming round to the fact that they'll have to reduce the asking to make a sale.

In the last couple of weeks no.49 has been reduced by £300k or 17% and no.37has been cut by £155k or 16%. This follows an earlier price drop at no.38, reduced by 21% or £525k.

Also in BT9 an enormous pile on Osborne Gardens (owned by a property professional) has had been reduced twice in recent weeks - a total fall of £435k or 18%

There are also a number of house in Malone Park that are derelict, or at least unoccupied. I think there is more pain to come on these houses. On odd street though. Plenty of old houses that people have lived in for 30yrs and then you also have those property millionaires who have bought in the last 10 yrs.

I thought that Fairy Hill had been on the market for a good while now? Looks stunning - but so is the price! Surely the vendor, being a property professional, might have seen the fall coming a little earlier. I suspect that, like most people, the family home is only sold when the situation suits the family dynamic....

I see a reposession type in Cleaver Park was reduced again today.

I make that;

Jun 2006 - £675k

Feb 2010 - £875k

Jun 2010 - £695k

Aug 2011 - £475k

Sep 2011 - £450k

Oct 2011 - £420k

I love the vendor trying to flip it after the horse has bolted. Had they offered it Aug 2007 for £825k then may have got a few takers ;-)

The thing about being at the top is that there is a long way to fall!