House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dryrot

Murdered Wdcs "£700, 000" House

Hi,

Sad story (from Haslemere, Surrey of all places!) A young mother (and WDC) murdered, ex-partner charged. But the Mail, almost heroically, manages an HP-plug:

"Detective Constable Heather Cooper, 33, was battered around the head with a baseball bat and stabbed in the throat before her body was dumped in Blackdown Forest, Sussex, and covered with leaves.

Her former partner Peter Foster was remanded in custody today, having been charged with murdering her at their £700,000 home on October 16."

(pic enclosed)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2051516/Heather-Cooper-death-Policewoman-body-Blackdown-Forest-pictured.html

house.jpg

post-8507-0-75790300-1319467808_thumb.jpg

I keep making comments on DM news stories which feature a house valuation for which they bear no relation to the subject, but surprise surprise they rarely get past the moderator.

If they do, they get 'red arrowed' by the property obsessed DM readers. :lol:

God help me if that's a 700k house and not even near a tube station, something like that I'd value at 400k max. News like this makes me want to pack it all in but in the back of my mind I keep thinking things will get better.

God help me if that's a 700k house and not even near a tube station, something like that I'd value at 400k max. News like this makes me want to pack it all in but in the back of my mind I keep thinking things will get better.

£700K.........nice round figures always sound a bit dubious to me. The bizarre fantasy of a perverted rampers brain I suspect.

£265K is the next most expensive sold price on that street. Does it have a moat or something I cant see in the picture?!

It's a basic house in West St, next to the fire station and opposite the (mothballed) police station. I think it may have been a Police house sold on. Anyway, I expect the DM has a macro in the wordprocessing s/w that adds 500% to any house valuation. :)

I just thought of the sad story and the amazing irrelance of the fantasy valuation. At least on HPC I can share :)

£265K is the next most expensive sold price on that street. Does it have a moat or something I cant see in the picture?!

...looks like the DM valuer is an over ambitious ramper or maybe lives in the area.... :rolleyes:

and it's in such a violent neighbourhood.

...looks like the DM valuer is an over ambitious ramper or maybe lives in the area.... :rolleyes:

£700k is what nethouseprices shows that the house sold for in May 2007, amazing as it may be.

Perhaps she did the negotiating and he exacted revenge for buying such a shit house for a stupid amount of money. :ph34r:

A touch harsh, but it is a dreadful house.

£700k is what nethouseprices shows that the house sold for in May 2007, amazing as it may be.

Perhaps she did the negotiating and he exacted revenge for buying such a shit house for a stupid amount of money. :ph34r:

A touch harsh, but it is a dreadful house.

...I am amazed...Gordo's funny money certainly distorted value .... :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's ironic that high house prices are featured with gruesome stories. A £700K house doesn't bring happiness.

I keep making comments on DM news stories which feature a house valuation for which they bear no relation to the subject, but surprise surprise they rarely get past the moderator.

If they do, they get 'red arrowed' by the property obsessed DM readers. :lol:

I got one through! on this story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2052189/The-real-life-Blob-Is-mysterious-translucent-jelly-Cambrian-fells-outer-space.html#comments

see attached :lol:

Screen shot 2011-10-24 at 20.16.57.png

post-1212-0-47857400-1319483909_thumb.png

"Detective Constable Heather Cooper, 33, was battered around the head with a baseball bat and stabbed in the throat before her body was dumped in Blackdown Forest, Sussex, and covered with leaves.

Her former partner Peter Foster was remanded in custody today, having been charged with murdering her at their £700,000 home on October 16."

I was only interested in how much the baseball bat cost. Thanks DM, try to be more thorough next time.

Is false reporting on an active investigation a crime? Calling that a £700,000 house is like saying she was killed with a machete when it was a penknife.

But the DM are only reporting (for some unexplained reason) the price the property was sold for, so it's not exactly false reporting.