House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wait & See

The Dirt Of Humanity

Like those people who get all worked up about which mixer tap will fit in with their bathroom look.

Or the arsehole who buys a new family hatchback on tick, because he needs to fill his insecurity with a new number plate.

Or the propery w4nkers who get all excited about that 3 bed semi that they borrowed 200k from a scum bank for. Then they fill the banks house full of what they think is tasteful made in China shite.......all on credit of course.

What a sickening country full of asswipes we really have here. We need a total change away from the consuming, planet wasting leeches that we have at the moment.

Utter scum imo.

Edited by Wait & See

Like those people who get all worked up about which mixer tap will fit in with their bathroom look.

Or the arsehole who buys a new family hatchback on tick, because he needs to fill his insecurity with a new number plate.

Or the propery w4nkers who get all excited about that 3 bed semi that they borrowed 200k from a scum bank for. Than they fill the banks house full of what they think is tasteful made in China shite.......all on credit of course.

What a sickening country full of asswipes we really have here. We need a total change away from the consuming, planet wasting leeches that we have at the moment.

Utter scum imo.

You forgot the our soles who get steamed up at the pub and come back and give it some lip on the internet before retiring for the night.

There's a thread in off topic for you.

It's called bump when drunk. I think you can qualify.

I'm not drunk, but this is the reality of the UK in 2011. Full of desperate borrowing clowns, all trying to pretend that they have a few bob when the reality is that they are just slaves.

Always were, as borrowing money never made anyone wealthy, yet all I see are new cars bought on finance and the desperate hard working families all wanting that 50" LED TV, even though they earn feck all from their slave jobs.

What's the point of any of it??

Edited by Wait & See

Why, what's is got to do with you? Who's interfering with your life - to make you think you should reciprocate?

I was doing some work at a big house in Esher recently, and the thought of not having their precious flatscreens working for one night (For 'their programme' of course) was driving them to distraction.

Pathetic.

Or the propery w4nkers who get all excited about that 3 bed semi that they borrowed 200k from a scum bank for. Then they fill the banks house full of what they think is tasteful made in China shite.......all on credit of course.

Utter scum imo.

I'm not so worried about that stuff - I even recently bought bathroom taps without deliberately going for something ugly.

The ugliness of groups in society feeling that it is their Guevara given right to squirt their views on the rest of us is disturbing though. The aggressive nihilists are the worst.

Why, what's is got to do with you? Who's interfering with your life - to make you think you should reciprocate?

Merv wants to bailout those with huge mortgages and crazy amounts of debt at the expense of everyone else. We all get inflation, even though some of us didn't contribute to the carnage. There are many people locked out of the housing market because of whats gone on over the past ten years, so that's what makes me look with disgust at most of the population. Feck 'Em.

My life has been affected by the millions of utter w4nkers who can't stop buying overpriced houses and made in China sh1te on the bloody credit card.

That's what it's got to do with me.

Edited by Wait & See

+1!

guitarman,

I remember (you will too) that just about eveyone laughed at housepricecrash.co.uk before 2008. I tried telling people I knew that paying over the odds for a house might not be such a great idea and was called a loser. "Get on the ladder or get left behind" is what I was told. :lol:

Now that most of the population have burried the country, I'm not going to be overjoyed about it. The clowns have destroyed everything in their quest of greed. The banks laughed at them and are still laughing now.

Like I said before, most people should have never been allowed anywhere near credit of any kind, as this is what you get when you give every man and his dog as much as they want. :rolleyes:

It's a right muppet fest and no mistake.

+2

From what I observe, there still seems to be a bit of perceived wealth around, what with all these 4x4s driving around.

One one journey on Thursday I had a VW Tiguan in front of me and a Land Rover Discovery 3 behind me, both relatively new. And where on Earth have these BMW X5s come from? There appears to be absolutely loads of these ones!

4x4s and SUVs seem to be dominating the motor car population, with us mere mortals in our family hatchbacks an extinct species.

Edited by MattW

Couldn't agree more!

Regarding 4x4s, saw a couple outside IKEA the other day. I was SO tempted to go out with a makeshift 'survey' and go round the car park asking these people what they DO for a living.... Swanning around with what seems to be wads of cash. A joiner was round the other day and he said he'd done two £100k+ extensions this year... there's definitely money somewhere, just not with me lol...

My co-workers would probably think it was OTT if I left for another country because of this one 'letting me down' but it is so true.

Couldn't agree more!

Regarding 4x4s, saw a couple outside IKEA the other day. I was SO tempted to go out with a makeshift 'survey' and go round the car park asking these people what they DO for a living.... Swanning around with what seems to be wads of cash. A joiner was round the other day and he said he'd done two £100k+ extensions this year... there's definitely money somewhere, just not with me lol...

My co-workers would probably think it was OTT if I left for another country because of this one 'letting me down' but it is so true.

There are quite a few 4x4 owners swanning around as if they owned the place, where I used to live. I'd say without doubt NHS or Primary Care Trust, either consultant or in a senior management position. I say this as I lived quite close to the major hospital and there is another money earner hospital close by in Calderdale. You wouldn't think it given the general state of the local population, but I suspect thats part of "the plan."

The three big payers round here are the local Metropolitan Council, The PCT and those employed higher up in the education bubble (soon to pop maybe?).

Edited by John Steed

Utter scum imo.

Sure, there's an element of truth but this would have been more timely pre-2008.

The fact is that the attitudes you describe above were responsible in huge part for the financial crisis and the economic problems we experience now. It's not widely acknowledged because in general we like to remove responsibility from ourselves and move it onto vague concept of people: "politicians", "bankers" (funny that, I have still yet to hear a banker accusation that actually explains what a "banker" is: someone who works at your local Natwest branch? An investment banker who works at Cazenove who couldn't be more removed from the derivative markets and is only interested in M&A of big groups? A geeky quant who modeled CDOs and who is nothing like the image of Gordon Gecko or maybe a sales person?)

The fact is we live in a country where noone takes responsibility for anything they do. People no longer do their jobs properly (try and politely point out to a sales assistant that their work manner is not quite up to scratch and they will start shouting that they've been "disrespected"), there's no pride in anything people do. Everyone just want sto see how much they can take advantage of the system, ****** over the other man with no sense of community or pride in their country.

Couldn't agree more!

Defo. NHS seniority.

Don't forget the usual suspects, they are the farmers... all those green subsidy agriculture payments were struck in €s from Brussels at an fx rate of 1.7 that's a 50% bump excluding whatever escalator they had put in place. On top of all this most of the farmers I know are getting healthy returns from their bread and butter (farming) at the mo. My godfather has recently bought a new Disco. holidays in Australia one month every year (son's moved out to manage a farm there).

Regarding 4x4s, saw a couple outside IKEA the other day.

X5s and X6s are usually found parked across 2 handicapped spaces. I can't understand this because if I owned such a car, I'd be on my best behaviour at all times lest people think I were an @rsehole.

And where on Earth have these BMW X5s come from? There appears to be absolutely loads of these ones!

I work with quite a few people who have a better than decent car, and one joint thing we all share is the X5 is universally known as "The Debtmobile" because all of the people in our office who have one are also the people who are in debt.

Those that can actually afford one wouldnt dream of buying one as they are frankly ... a bit rubbish

Remember, next time you see one in the street! Laugh!, Point a bit! and think to yourself "DEBTMOBILE" and it will probably make you smile :P

Utter scum imo.

The funny thing is they'll probably be looking at you in your banger, paying rent every month, living like Albert Steptoe and thinking your the dirt of humanity, not fit to be an asswipe! :lol:

Utter scum imo.

Hate to tell you, but people all over the world like buying cars and all sorts of consumerist tat if they can.

And the poorer they've been in the past, the more they tend to like it.

I was doing some work at a big house in Esher recently, and the thought of not having their precious flatscreens working for one night (For 'their programme' of course) was driving them to distraction.

Pathetic.

I visited a bird there a few months ago when I was working, and I found it very over-rated, it'd got nothing on Barnsley if you ask me. Ok there might have been some nice houses, but there is here too, and they are a lot more affordable and we have real industry, we can make things and sell them in China for example. She was on the dole, living in a 1bed council house of very small proportions (smaller than my flat), bang next to a railway line, the noise was atrocious. The transport links were shocking, buses every hour, and when you finally got to London, you had to pay again, so a days travel was costing £15.

The tube/rail station was a good 10 minutes walk away, and her nextdoor neighbours had paid £200k for a 1bed house, she didn't even know them, it was only when I visited that her and her neighbours began to talk. If you wanted to go out and do anything it cost and absolute fortune. If it wasn't for her parents having money to supplement her dole, she'd have not been able to do much more than catch a bus to surbiton to sign on and load up on porridge. They were even gypos nearby. Did I mention the noise from the railway?

Contrast that with Barnsley, I can walk to the town centre in under 10 minutes, there are trains, regular buses to many different places. Housing is affordable, transport is affordable. No noise, nice neighbours, pubs you can afford to drink in, and shops that sell things people can afford.

Esher is a shit'oyle. I'd rather be homeless in Barnsley sleeping round the back of the markets than live in Esher.