House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Members Meet-Up

DTMark

HOLA441

I know there have been meet-ups before, though I didn't catch them at the time.

Is there any appetite for another?

I'd love to meet, among others, the gold coin, the Dalek, Kenneth Williams, Jon Pertwee, the swedish girl with her arms up, the cast of The Avengers and the other people we have on here (not excluding anyone, but I reckon those people probably look a bit different in real life)

I live in Froyle, Hampshire (near to Alton) and could accomodate a few people in our cottage for the night if required given how far some might have to travel if the meet is London-centric (I've no idea where people live, I think the last one was London?)

If you are interested, post here and perhaps we can work something out.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

So it's a House party then? :P:lol:

Doubt I'd be able to make one down south.

To be clear: if the numbers were small (maybe ten or less) then I'd be more than happy to host it as a house party here in Froyle, but our house isn't all that big so could not accomodate many stay-overs (I guess we're not all 18 any more and prepared to crash out on the floor) and the only locally available hotel five minutes walk away at The Anchor Inn costs from £120 per night.

I only suggested London as I think that's where the last one was; if people want to drink and get home again after, London isn't a great choice perhaps since unless things have changed since I last went in, most of the trains end by about 01:30 and the tubes an hour earlier. I'm quite prepared to travel elsewhere.

So if you're kind of interested, but put off by London, do post where you are (roughly) and how far you might travel, and either the location can suit, or perhaps as Frank says, there could be more than one party?

If I can get a list of

Member Name

Location (roughly, don't put the whole thing)

Distance to travel

I can try to co-ordinate this.

HOLA445

To be clear: if the numbers were small (maybe ten or less) then I'd be more than happy to host it as a house party here in Froyle, but our house isn't all that big so could not accomodate many stay-overs (I guess we're not all 18 any more and prepared to crash out on the floor) and the only locally available hotel five minutes walk away at The Anchor Inn costs from £120 per night.

I only suggested London as I think that's where the last one was; if people want to drink and get home again after, London isn't a great choice perhaps since unless things have changed since I last went in, most of the trains end by about 01:30 and the tubes an hour earlier. I'm quite prepared to travel elsewhere.

So if you're kind of interested, but put off by London, do post where you are (roughly) and how far you might travel, and either the location can suit, or perhaps as Frank says, there could be more than one party?

If I can get a list of

Member Name

Location (roughly, don't put the whole thing, just the town and county)

Distance to travel

Is anyone excluded? ;)

HOLA446

If I can get a list of

Member Name

Distance to travel

are the the mad fracker who wanted to machine gun us last time?

HOLA447

are the the mad fracker who wanted to machine gun us last time?

:lol::lol:

It could be a trap.

Nice idea, like-minded souls getting together. However, it always seems to be London.

We could start our own occupy movement - #Occupyno.22

HOLA448

Imagine the bar maid in the pub watching all these weird and wonderful strangers walking in and introducing themselves. "Hi I`m Bosh" "Hello mate I`m Bloo Loo"

"Which one of you is interestrateripoff?... "Not sure but the chap with the brolly up his ar5e and the AK-47 is Bruno"

:lol:

Seriously, I have met a dozen or so HP Crashers over the last few years and have made some new mates and contacts. I still find meeting strangers from the internet a bit creepy but luckily I have not been killed yet.

Bosh. :)

HOLA449

Imagine the bar maid in the pub watching all these weird and wonderful strangers walking in and introducing themselves. "Hi I`m Bosh" "Hello mate I`m Bloo Loo"

"Which one of you is interestrateripoff?... "Not sure but the chap with the brolly up his ar5e and the AK-47 is Bruno"

:lol:

Seriously, I have met a dozen or so HP Crashers over the last few years and have made some new mates and contacts. I still find meeting strangers from the internet a bit creepy but luckily I have not been killed yet.

Bosh. :)

You havent been killed yet eh? It could be a once in a lifetime experience!

HOLA4410

Why don't you all just go dressed as your avatars? That should save the embarrassment....

HOLA4411

Oddly enough, people tend to like me in real life. It's just here I struggle.

TBF... I have always put you down as a bloke that I would actually get on with. Good pub banter. Life would be shit if we all shared the same view.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

If I can get a list of

Member Name

Distance to travel

Is this like when the Nazis used to invite all the intellectuals around for tea? (although not in my case, I appreciate....)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Why don't you all just go dressed as your avatars? That should save the embarrassment....

I just took a proper look at DTMark's avatar for the first time. All these years I thought it was a picture of John Terry. Now I'm confused.

HOLA4416

I went to the meet at the pub next to Baker Street station a few years ago.

A good time was had by all.

I must admit it was quite surreal seeing the faces behind the avatar.

Next time I will come as Patprimer74, my name is really Ed Balls :lol:

I'd completely forgotten about him. What an A-grade tosser!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I'd love to meet, among others, the gold coin, the Dalek, Kenneth Williams, Jon Pertwee, the swedish girl with her arms up, the cast of The Avengers and the other people we have on here (not excluding anyone, but I reckon those people probably look a bit different in real life)

I live in Froyle, Hampshire (near to Alton) and could accomodate a few people in our cottage for the night if required given how far some might have to travel if the meet is London-centric (I've no idea where people live, I think the last one was London?)

you have missed out on essential protocol and not told us how much your house is worth.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I might break into a tear.

I had a slightly differing point of view about a military issue (probably a bit misjudged too) the other day and properly toasted. The only good thing that's come out of it is that Bulltraderpt has added me to his ignore list.

Every cloud.....

pwned but I can't say I disagree either. Last year's Armistice thread brought up the issue.

HOLA4424

Well, I won't be kidnapped as you know I sold my gold!

I'd be interested, but not London - too far for me. How about organising a Hampshire one?

However, a few points:

Pick a place that is very easy to find, also it would be good if you reserved an area - but you might not want to do that.

On the meet I arranged, I confirmed attendance by PM with everyone. I also arranged a space in the pub and put printed signs just saying "HPC" so it was easy to find.

Oh, and once you pick a venue and date, don't change it, you can't satisfy everyone.

I'm not sure about doing one at your house, I think that's a bit of a risk for you. PM me if you want some help.

HOLA4425

Archived