House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Sarkozy Says Euro Zone Talks Stuck, Flies To Germany

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/10/19/uk-eurozone-idUKTRE79I0J920111019

Plans to tackle the euro zone debt crisis have stalled with Paris and Berlin at odds over how to increase the firepower of the region's bailout fund, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said on Wednesday.

Sarkozy told French lawmakers the dispute was holding up negotiations and flew to Frankfurt to talk with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in an attempt to break the deadlock ahead of a make-or-break European leaders' summit on Sunday.

The two leaders left that meeting without speaking to waiting reporters.

Asked if a deal had been reached, Jean-Claude Juncker, chairman of the Eurogroup of euro zone finance ministers who attended the evening meeting, replied: "We're still in meetings Saturday, Sunday."

More begging to happen on Merkel's doorstep.

Works OK with dollars.

well yeah it has relatively speaking i suppose, the $ benefits from its reserve status ( no other currency has that advantage) so has only had to suffer relatively mild inflation, meanwhile US QE has caused much higher inflation in China, if that result could be extrapolated forward eventually China would have to decouple (without the need for tariffs) or risk hyperinflation, the main risk to that is extrapolating forward the same actions having the same result going forward (ignoring collateral damage, which i doubt the US cares about) but reserve status does give alot of room for error

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Usual pattern. Decisive answer 4 weeks from now, then:

week 1: we can do it - yeah baby!

week 2: we need to work it out. It can be done

week 3: need to have a good chat about it

week 4: might get something done, maybe

week 5: decisive answer 4 weeks from now!

Euro loop!

Usual pattern. Decisive answer 4 weeks from now, then:

week 1: we can do it - yeah baby!

week 2: we need to work it out. It can be done

week 3: need to have a good chat about it

week 4: might get something done, maybe

week 5: decisive answer 4 weeks from now!

Euro loop!

:D fekking pathetic if you ask me.

Apparently Sarkozy descends from Romanian gypsies. Started out in Paris as a child beggar and just look where he is now.

still in France?, not exactly what id call a result

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Sarkozy Says Euro Zone Talks Stuck, Flies To Germany

Wot U Talkin About???

Euro Soars. Euro Joy For Millions

No, it's the not the Express, it's the Business Recorder.

The euro rose on Tuesday after a British newspaper reported France and Germany have reached a deal to enlarge the eurozone bailout fund to two trillion euros in a bid to contain the region's debt crisis.

"A report that France and Germany have agreed to a 2 trillion euro rescue fund and leveraging up the EFSF by five times is what's driving this stock and euro rally in the afternoon," said Brian Dolan, chief strategist at Forex.com in Bedminster, New Jersey.

"That would be what the market's been looking for, and 2 trillion euros seems to be in the right neighbourhood.

That was only Tuesday. I can't believe the markets knee jerk to any old newspaper article that comes along? Surely not.

I loved the line, ' 2 trillion euros seems to be in the right neighbourhood'. Well, I suppose if you don't have to pay it back.

Can't wait to see how many times the headlines change between now and Sunday.