House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_big_beast

Electricity & Gas: Future Prices?

Does any have an idea what might happen to electricity and gas prices over the next 12 - 24 months?

I am looking at changing my tariff. There are so many different deals - it is very confusing.

It is easy to find the cheapest online / direct debit normal tariff, but some deals fix prices until Dec 2013 or even 2015.

Does any have an idea what might happen to electricity and gas prices over the next 12 - 24 months?

I am looking at changing my tariff. There are so many different deals - it is very confusing.

It is easy to find the cheapest online / direct debit normal tariff, but some deals fix prices until Dec 2013 or even 2015.

apologies for the typo:

Does anyone have an idea what might happen to electricity and gas prices over the next 12 - 24 months?

Lets be honest.

Can anyone out there, really see a provider of Gas or Electric cutting their prices? I mean seriously. They aren't going to be cut by anything significant ever.

I switched last month, today I got a letter saying that I'm on the regular tariff and prices are rising.

This is the thing. My tariff ends in a few weeks, and I have looked into switching but not all have raised there prices yet. Secondly I had huge problems switching last time (overlapping meter readings so I was paying twice).

I would go into a fix, but most are only a year which isn't worth the hassle.

For my company (we spent +10k a year) I have just signed up for a 3year contract, but half of the reason was the amount of work it takes every year and it was only £200-300 more per year.

Oh, and I found it far easier to switch for a company and work out the costs - much more difficult for consumers, even finding out the per Kwh charge and tiers is difficult enough.