House Price Crash Forum

Euro Rates

Good morning,

I have few thousands of Euros in an Euro account, few months ago I wanted to sell euros when sterling was weak at a rate of £1.11-1euro but I didn't and now the Sterling is much stronger (£1.1579-1 Euro).

In your opinion

1) Will the Euro go bust?

2) Is it best to sell or keep?

3) If the Euro go bust, would you agree that my euros could be worth more when replaced by French Francs?

Thank you for your help.

Cat

Sterling is much stronger (£1.1579-1 Euro).

Not sure where you got your rate from, but the rate is currently 1.142.

wrt future prospects, obviously it is all guesswork, but part of the Eurozone is weaker than the UK, and part of the Eurozone is stronger than the UK.

However, a couple of obvious points are that if the PIIGS are dumped out of the euro, then probably it will strengthen. If all countries go back to their constituent currencies then the non PIIGS will probably strengthen, and Germany and the Netherlands might strenthen a lot. If the break up happens, I will be tempted to buy guilders or marks and not Francs (Francs probably will do ok versus the pound, but you want to choose the best position)

Edited by blackgoose

Not sure where you got your rate from, but the rate is currently 1.142.

wrt future prospects, obviously it is all guesswork, but part of the Eurozone is weaker than the UK, and part of the Eurozone is stronger than the UK.

However, a couple of obvious points are that if the PIIGS are dumped out of the euro, then probably it will strengthen. If all countries go back to their constituent currencies then the non PIIGS will probably strengthen, and Germany and the Netherlands might strenthen a lot. If the break up happens, I will be tempted to buy guilders or marks and not Francs (Francs probably will do ok versus the pound, but you want to choose the best position)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

I got from AFEX Market Watch at EUR 1.1584

Regards