House Price Crash Forum

"internet Killed The Radio Store" - Mall Vacancies Hit All Time Record

HOLA441
HOLA442

What are all you bastards going to do once me and trickster automate 90% of jobs out there?

If all jobs are automated, then all required for humans to do will be to relax and enjoy life :rolleyes:

Assuming that the machines dont rebel and kill us all, humanity will have to adapt to their new world where they dont have to devote their life to a job, and one cannot gain higher status from working hard. Modern day benefits recipients have mastered this skill. Either we will be ruled by the small number of aristocratic land owning elite, or a communist policies will get voted in.

HOLA443

Met a chap who works for Westfield recently - had some big role in the new Stratford one apparently.

Anyway, he reckons that things are pretty rosey for the UK super mall. But things have always been a bit different here, shopping in the US is much harder due to having to drive to get from one shop to the next. The UK shops seem to provide a better experience - but that's just imo having tasted both.

HOLA444

LOL, would you like to share your story that made you so bitter? :D

Low tolerance for BS, basically.

It's annoying when someone on the apprentice comes out with toss like "I believe in my abilities, and that confidence is something most guys lack including a lot of people technically smarter than me. I don't think I'm supremely intelligent, I'm confident and I never give up and I think that's what will make me successful" but when it's teamed up with a naive belief that IT is the answer to everything and being a programmer makes you the next 'master of the universe' it's even more irritating.

HOLA445

I'm struggling to think of jobs which won't be replaced by automation outside of the jobs which will be created BY the automation industry which can count as basically everything involved with IT.

But software solutions can be incredibly efficient, as once written they can be copied at essentially zero cost. This is why Microsoft makes so much money.

Also the UK has not been exactly word beating on the software front has it?

Psychologists and teachers will always need to be human, you need the 'human touch' ie these jobs are very necessary to be people driven as it's based on communication through what can be emotive subjects.

Psychologists require a wealthy country to provide them with their clients.

Teachers are I'd suggest already being replaced by software. The company I work for now delivers most internal training via "e-learning". No reason that can't also apply in more traditional areas.