Stamp Duty Mitigation Schemes

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Proceed with caution - my very expensive tax lawyer says they fall foul of the legislation and do not work

+1 we had an EBT. Phones 4 us paid all their bonuses through one. End of scheme. The revenue call it a mop up. They go through the list and then mop up the tax avoided, they gave us 15 days to pay 100k.

Note for injin. Without looking it up tell me what an EBT is. Oh I forgot you are a theorist.

Edited by Greg Bowman

HOLA448

I know someone who did this earlier this year. Not sure about the detail but something about an offshore company buying and temporarily owning the property and solicitor mitigates against house buyer being asked to pay duty by HMRC. Souinds dodgy to me and the sort of loophole that should be plugged immediately - the fact that this is barely mentioned in the mainstream press sugests to me that a lot of wealthy people and media types are doing it, but don't want it to become common knowledge or otherwise it'll be banned. Another reason the London market has remained toppy IMO.

HOLA449

Don't know if this link will work OK, but please see my previous reply on this subject.

http://www.housepric...dpost&p=2954721

Apparently there's a lot of EA's encouraging this sort of behaviour, because they think they won't be the people caught when it goes t!ts up, and in the meantime it makes them LOTS OF COMMISSION..... :rolleyes:

Except (allegedly, of course,) for a certain EA in Farnham, who (according to his pissed up colleague,) is up to his neck in it, on his own purchase/s. I'd pay good money to see that c*ck in court, well and truly bang to rights.

Caveat emptor and all that....

B

HOLA4410

having taken tax counsel's advice on it..... you'd have to be nuts UNLESS you are an offshore person putting it into an offshore company and then the stamp duty mitigation isn't for you, it's for when you sell it.....

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.....