House Price Crash Forum

Bury Is Top Property Hotspot: Lower Prices Mean Sales In The North Outperform The South

HOLA441
The Greater Manchester town of Bury is the unlikely property hotspot of 2011 with sales in the small town up a mammoth 44 per cent over the first six months of the year, according to data.

The Halifax research revealed that sales of properties in northern towns outperformed those of its southern counterparts.

Four towns that recorded the biggest rises in residential property sales since 2010 are located in the North.

It is welcome news for northern regions of the country, which are often lagging behind in property sale and price reports, which tend to indicate that the North/South divide is getting bigger

This is Money

Ok I actually had to have a chuckle at this, Bury.... I mean Bury...has the Daily Wail journalist who wrote this piece been to this godforsaken dump?

When you enter this Greater Manchester borough (despite what some of the locals say its not in Lancashire and never has been) you see large yellow signs that say "Bury in Bloom" the next thing you notice is the rubbish filled streets, Bury Metropolitan Council obviously doesn't employ street cleaners and the locals are some of the worse offending litter louts I have ever seen, it is truly a mucky place.

But then what do you expect from a town where the men can't be bother to use the toilet and can be seen nipping into the back yard to have a pee in the kitchen drain!

Crime is rife and the town has massive Anti Social Behaviour problems, new build houses near sink estates seem to attract unwelcome attention from youths mainly vandalism.

School kids can be seen using drugs on their way to school (especially those that go to Broad Oak) not just cannabis but crack cocaine! drugs have a severe grip in the area in fact the town was famously the subject of a TV documentary called "Crack Heads"

Is this just another article from the Wail trying to talk up prices?

Edited by Hectors House

HOLA442

Ok I actually had to have a chuckle at this, Bury.... I mean Bury...has the Daily Wail journalist who wrote this piece been to this godforsaken dump?

When you enter this Greater Manchester borough (despite what some of the locals say its not in Lancashire and never has been) you see large yellow signs that say "Bury in Bloom" the next thing you notice is the rubbish filled streets, Bury Metropolitan Council obviously doesn't employ street cleaners and the locals are some of the worse offending litter louts I have ever seen, it is truly a mucky place.

But then what do you expect from a town where the men can't be bother to use the toilet and can be seen nipping into the back yard to have a pee in the kitchen drain!

Crime is rife and the town has massive Anti Social Behaviour problems, new build houses near sink estates seem to attract unwelcome attention from youths mainly vandalism.

School kids can be seen using drugs on their way to school (especially those that go to Broad Oak) not just cannabis but crack cocaine! drugs have a severe grip in the area in fact the town was famously the subject of a TV documentary called "Crack Heads"

Ha, Ha.............I've seen much worse, especially parts of London!

HOLA443

I heard that the tripe they sell in Bury is top quality!

HOLA444
HOLA445

So what county was it in when Manchester was part of Lancashire?

It was out on its own long before Manchester, if you head north from Prestwich (which ironically is now in Bury) you cross a river bridge which is marked on the Manchester side as Lancashire and Bury on the northern side. I lived in proper Lancashire before moving there and too be honest the accent is different, the sayings are different, peeps in Metroland should get real and realise they are not Lancashire.

Edited by Hectors House

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412