House Price Crash Forum

Europe On The Verge Of Collapse

HOLA441

Nicolas Sarkozy threatened to pull out of euro over Greece row

http://www.telegraph...Greece-row.html

If the French pull out the Euro collapses so does the European union, Germany losses its export power, 60 years money down the drain being pumped into Europe, the USA gets what they wanted the total collapse of a large populated trading area working together but they also get more, 100% global financial break down will lead to the loss of the dollar power that could lead to a global war.

German foreign minister hits out at US over debt crisis

Germany's foreign minister today lashed out at the United States over criticism the eurozone is not doing enough to solve its economic woes, noting that US debt had also contributed to the current crisis.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8829980/German-foreign-minister-hits-out-at-US-over-debt-crisis.html

forgot to add this last night

Edited by crash2006

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

my underwear, at least twice

With the rate of economic bad news, I'm amazed you don't soil it twice a day!

Two trillion pounds and rising

Exactly: the situation's worse now, so the OP's point is all the stronger.

If you wait another 18 months, the OP will post a link that tells you... ;)

:lol:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

It's the Telegraph for gods sake, they publish "the Euro will fail any day now" type articles every day, same for the Chinese currency and anything which is a threat to the dollar and to a lesser extent Sterling, Ambrose Evans Pritchard is the high priest of the paper's financial journalists, who can ever forget his "24 Hours to save the Euro" article last year with the Photoshopped newspaper billboard picture?

The Euro has troubles yes, but don't go to the Telegraph for an impartial view, it's like asking the Labour Party for comments about how well David Cameron is doing!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I love the way that people insist that globalisation and the rise in living standards that goes in hand in hand with it, is a bad thing.

:blink::rolleyes:

The living standards rise is obviously a good thing. The problem is our laissez-faire approach to installing firewalls between nations.

Globalisation has many benifits for everyone, trade, travel etc. what it also does is create systemic interdependance and therefore systemic risk where crisis can become contagious between nations.

The other impact is the impact to productive diversity, which is to say that some countries build or farm more of one thing over another and we trade between each other. A good example is the electricity industry in France which sells power all over Europe. But that means that nationally a lot of countries can't cover their own electricity provision needs.

What this effects is the capital outlay imbalance as economics change. The UK used to coal mine and build cars, we pretty much don't do that any more, if we wanted to the capital costs and production costs would be prohibitive. We recognise that with the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) in Europe but at a more national level.

It is my opionion we need to keep productive capability at a national level to at least 50% of demand in most areas to both allow for technical fields in all areas to have a breeding ground to develop, but more importantly to provide a stabilisation for local pricing that is seperate from internationally exported inflation and allows for continued supply in the event of a crisis.

HOLA4417

The EEC was a brilliant idea, The European Union was the biggest disaster waiting to happen. It was the only reason I sold my share in my business and got out 9 years ago. The best decision I ever made in my working life. They were trying to teach my Business Partner and I to suck eggs costing us a large amount of our profits and reducing our personal earnings. :rolleyes:

HOLA4418

...that could lead to a global war.

I think they mean that could lead to a World War but, hey, since about year 2000 "global" has been the new buzzword.

Yeah yeah more bailout money for the pals OR ELSE there'll be another World War yeah yeah whatever.

Blackmail, just go for it :lol:

Edited by billybong

HOLA4419

I love the way that people insist that globalisation and the rise in living standards that goes in hand in hand with it, is a bad thing.

Yeah, sure, whatever.

The awful truth: education won't stop the west getting poorer

Bank of England chief Mervyn King: standard of living to plunge at fastest rate since 1920s

Economists warn of worst fall in living standards for 30 years

HOLA4420

The EEC was a brilliant idea, The European Union was the biggest disaster waiting to happen. It was the only reason I sold my share in my business and got out 9 years ago. The best decision I ever made in my working life. They were trying to teach my Business Partner and me to suck eggs costing us a large amount of our profits and reducing our personal earnings. :rolleyes:

Corrected it for you. :)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Nicolas Sarkozy threatened to pull out of euro over Greece row

http://www.telegraph...Greece-row.html

If the French pull out the Euro collapses so does the European union, Germany losses its export power, 60 years money down the drain being pumped into Europe, the USA gets what they wanted the total collapse of a large populated trading area working together but they also get more, 100% global financial break down will lead to the loss of the dollar power that could lead to a global war.

German foreign minister hits out at US over debt crisis

Germany's foreign minister today lashed out at the United States over criticism the eurozone is not doing enough to solve its economic woes, noting that US debt had also contributed to the current crisis.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8829980/German-foreign-minister-hits-out-at-US-over-debt-crisis.html

forgot to add this last night

With or without the Euro, Germany will be fine. They did well with the DM and they would be fine with any other currency. A currency is just a means of exchange. It is only the idiots who buy the views of USA and Britain, that debt = wealth that are stuck. Germany's export machine would still work if they had to resort to using gold bars as a medium of exchange. It is only nations who have insufficient things to trade that are in trouble, and no currency can fix that, just hard work.

HOLA4425

With or without the Euro, Germany will be fine. They did well with the DM and they would be fine with any other currency. A currency is just a means of exchange. It is only the idiots who buy the views of USA and Britain, that debt = wealth that are stuck. Germany's export machine would still work if they had to resort to using gold bars as a medium of exchange. It is only nations who have insufficient things to trade that are in trouble, and no currency can fix that, just hard work.

Yep, which is why the ratings agencies have been set on the euro - it is all a big smokescreen to turn attention away from the US issues, prevent a collapse of the USD and continue the dollar standard as long as possible - or long engough for the next presidential election has taken place - the short-termism in the US economy (via political and central bank interventation) is its real achilles heel.