House Price Crash Forum
needle

Odd Rightmove Entries

This thread is for individual examples of desperation, waffle, misdirection or outright lies by EAs on Rightmove.

Seen a property listed as 'Sold' but it has been removed from the market?

I have. Many times.

Seen a property that comes on to the market with a 'Sold STC' sticker already in place?

Me too.

Post em up here.

Heres an example of desperation

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20341272.html

First listed on 14 October 2011 and marked as 'Sold STC'.

Description reads 'New Instruction... Sold on first viewing'

So heres a question, why would an EA pay to advertise a property they had already sold?

Could it be bullshippery of the highest order?

If you have any more examples of this sort of nonsense in RM, post em here........

(Dont forget all you Firefox users to download and install the property-bee addon from http://www.property-bee.com/downloads.php

It allows you to see all past listings and changes made to properties - "A real eye-opener" - Me.)

Guys, you don't get it.

This is how EA's have to advertise Reposessions. I know because I"m in the process of buying one. The bank (Halifax in my case) mandates that even after the offer is accepted, the EA must continue to advertise and market the property, the bank is at liberty to sell to another buyer right up to exchange of contracts. So in my case I can see exactly the same on the RM ad for the property I'm buying.

So there are no lies involved here, just euphemism as the EA's don't want to print 'REPO' all over the Rightmove adverts as it might frighten the children.

So there are no lies involved here, just euphemism as the EA's don't want to print 'REPO' all over the Rightmove adverts as it might frighten the children.

Thing is, few believe that EA's are at all honest. They can say they have received an offer of £XXX, invite higher offers and drive the market up and there may not have been any offer at all. I see many properties SSTC or sold that come back on RM as available. Some of this will be mortgages falling through but many will be phoney sales.

This thread is for individual examples of desperation, waffle, misdirection or outright lies by EAs on Rightmove.

Seen a property listed as 'Sold' but it has been removed from the market?

I have. Many times.

Seen a property that comes on to the market with a 'Sold STC' sticker already in place?

Me too.

Post em up here.

Heres an example of desperation

http://www.rightmove...y-20341272.html

First listed on 14 October 2011 and marked as 'Sold STC'.

Description reads 'New Instruction... Sold on first viewing'

So heres a question, why would an EA pay to advertise a property they had already sold?

Could it be bullshippery of the highest order?

If you have any more examples of this sort of nonsense in RM, post em here........

(Dont forget all you Firefox users to download and install the property-bee addon from http://www.property-...m/downloads.php

It allows you to see all past listings and changes made to properties - "A real eye-opener" - Me.)

Just occasionally EAs sell a house before putting it on RM, then list it as "Sold STC" as a form of online advertising.

more often, a house that has previously been on RM is pulled when it receives an acceptable offer and is relisted after sale as "sold STC", again as a form of advertising for the EA.

Most EAs are selling so few houses at the moment that they need to shout about their few successes!

Thing is, few believe that EA's are at all honest. They can say they have received an offer of £XXX, invite higher offers and drive the market up and there may not have been any offer at all. I see many properties SSTC or sold that come back on RM as available. Some of this will be mortgages falling through but many will be phoney sales.

I have seen many do this in my area too - I think what 'dothemaths' is trying to point out is that WTF would someone offer £170k for a repo that has a price tag of £159k? I have seen this so many times where I am, its just EA bull to try and get a bigger price.

Another trick of EAs is to put up phantom sold signs next to large blocks of flats. The give away is they don't usually put the flat numer on. But no doubt, some of the prospective vendors from the said flats might be fooled. Also it is good advertising for the EA if on a busy road. It also gives the illusion to prospective buyers that stuff in the town is selling, when the truth might be nothing is selling.