House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WageslaveX14

Perfect Vendor Logic

I went to view this place 18 months ago, when the asking price was £675,000: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35110406.html

At that point, I was told by the EA that the vendors had been trying to sell it half-heartedly for 2 years, while also renting it out. Fast forward to today, they've now added £50,000 to asking price, as the previous sub-£700k price was clearly attracting the wrong type of buyer.

The current interest rate environment allows this kind of approach. This annoys me.

Nice gaff. Be about half that price where I am.

At the end of the day no ones going to give away 50k unless they have to. If they had plenty of earlier interest at the previous price it makes sense.

The market will reward/punish them as appropriate, and will be the ultimate judge of whether their pricing is realistic.

I went to view this place 18 months ago, when the asking price was £675,000: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35110406.html

At that point, I was told by the EA that the vendors had been trying to sell it half-heartedly for 2 years, while also renting it out. Fast forward to today, they've now added £50,000 to asking price, as the previous sub-£700k price was clearly attracting the wrong type of buyer.

The current interest rate environment allows this kind of approach. This annoys me.

Yeah, (yawn) tell us when it is sold (not SSTC).

£725k for that? WTF, it's a 4 bed terrace.

Londoners are insane.

Round my way you'd pay a 3rd of that for a better house and be within an hours commute of London.

Could you let me know where that is (no need to be too specific, mind)? I am giving up on the idea of buying a house in London, purely because of the awful value for money, but as I work in the centre and could commute from any side of the city, I am struggling to narrow down areas to look at. Being from Scotland, I don't know anything about the South East outside of London and bits of Surrey.

To be honest if you were desperate to buy you could move a mile down the road towards Tooting and get the same sort of thing for 400k...

Haha what a ridiculous price. Same sort of thing would be not much more than 1/3 of that round here.

I wonder how much the last council tenants paid for it under Right To Buy?

out of interest what do you think its worth??? Not HPC style, just current market value :)

be 400-500k in this neck of the woods......

WTF, a property near me, 6 bed detatched, a lot lot bigger with large front and back gardens, 3-4m high ceiling and highly decorative brick work on the outside sold recently for about 1/4 of that!, it's being let as a 6 bed HMO and giving a good yield!