House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alright Jack

Hpc Moved Back Again!

Guest Alright Jack

I heard there was gonna be an 'ouse price crash early last year. Thought I'd swing by see how it was coming along.

Hmmm, Jury still out I see. :lol:

I heard there was gonna be an 'ouse price crash early last year. Thought I'd swing by see how it was coming along.

[ ***************************************]

How odd! I remember you appearing two/three months ago....... do you run on different time in La-La land?

/G

Haven't you heard, house prices are going to rise 20% every year for the next 100 years ? I know that because Phil and Kirsty told me.

It will be a new permanently high plateau, so better get yourself down to that EA and buy 500 buy-to-let properties, because it's never been a better time to buy.

No point in their suffering from mortgage phobia, is there, Alright Jack ?

:rolleyes:

Jack - it's always a pleasure to read your insightful posts! Welcome back mate!

Is the shop a bit quiet today?

It's nice to see that despite the shambles and chaos that we call the NHS, there is still an active "Care in the Community" program.

Now off you go and start selling some more houses. You must be rushed off your little pins. Chop chop!

:lol:

Guest Alright Jack

[ ****************************]

I'm not an estate agent, I'm a proud homeowner sick of having my hard earned undermined by greedy want it all yesterday at half price kids.

The salaries you people are on are incredible and many of you admit that you could buy a house outright! Which is it?

Pay to rent or pay to own. Your choice. Greed or breed.

The salaries you people are on are incredible and many of you admit that you could buy a house outright!

Don't confuse the STRs who could get back in the market tomorrow if they wanted, and the genuine FTBs like myself. It's about an even split between the two.

Hard earned cash? What planet are you on Jack? Really please tell us - we would love to know!!!

The fact that the price of your house (if you actually have one) has rocketed due to HPI is down to your hard work? Are you really trying to misunderstand the point of this web site or are you just a bit thick?

It appears that the Care in the Community efforts need to be reassessed....

:lol:

I'm not an estate agent, I'm a proud homeowner sick of having my hard earned undermined by greedy want it all yesterday at half price kids.

The salaries you people are on are incredible and many of you admit that you could buy a house outright! Which is it?

I earn 34 grand, save 1300 a month and cannot afford a decent average house. I could barely afford a 2 bed sh*thole in a dodgy area. So tell me, when you purchased, was this comparable to your experience? Cant you understand why there is so much resentment towards idiots like you?

Have you any kids? I f you have dont you realise a HPC will benefit them (as well as you funnily enough) ? I certainly am not a "want it all yesterday" type, I dont have credit cards, have no debt and very rarely (if at all) splash out on luxuries for myself. I get satisfaction from my job and mylife within work.

I am sorry, but since was your gained equity in your house "hard earned"? Since when did you have to go out and graft for the 100% gain in your property equity since 2001? OH, but thats right, you expect all us "top earners" to pay for your NHS treatment, pensions and lets face it, your gained equity? Well, sorry, I may legally have to fund your NHS treatment and Pension, but I take offence to the suggestion of funding your bloody new garage or conservatory or PVC windows, funded by Mortgage equity withdrawl, which subsequently will have to be funded by FTBs!!!! So how greedy is THAT!!?!

Go easy on Jack. He/she might have bought recently, having saved a deposit, cut back on the luxuries, etc.

In which case I can understand his/her frustration that things aren't looking rosy at the moment.

Jack, I apologise for the negative tone of my last post, and think language in some of the other posts is a little uncalled for as well.

/btp

Weird..

I was just offered a £170,000 flat (at peak)

for £130,000

all new builds are offering at least 10% of that i see...

this is not a house price crash.

this is a speculative market ballences against an overprriced commodity being bought at the peak for an omount that can not be sustained within todays.. or any days economy.

the market will collapse based on either public perception, public fear about debt levels.. or slower.. debt levels impacting the economy.

Crash is innevitable. it is economically innevitable..

perhaps we should call the bulls the flat earth society.

;)

there is no argument that can be made that current prices can be sustained.

Go easy on Jack. He/she might have bought recently, having saved a deposit, cut back on the luxuries, etc.

In which case I can understand his/her frustration that things aren't looking rosy at the moment.

Jack, I apologise for the negative tone of my last post, and think language in some of the other posts is a little uncalled for as well.

/btp

You mean Jack is already in Negative equity ? brilliant

You mean Jack is already in Negative equity ? brilliant

Naah, i I reckon Jack is sitting on paper wealth that is dropping from his feet... and frustratedly wants to have a go. Well tough. House prices went up. Now they are coming down. If you arent man enough to deal with this reality then Man-up. Its going to get much tougher in a years time. Mate, its not our fault you MEW'dup to the hilt and now realise how stupid your mistake was. I really hope the conservatory extension was worth it.

Naah, i I reckon Jack is sitting on paper wealth that is dropping from his feet... and frustratedly wants to have a go. Well tough. House prices went up. Now they are coming down. If you arent man enough to deal with this reality then Man-up. Its going to get much tougher in a years time. Mate, its not our fault you MEW'dup to the hilt and now realise how stupid your mistake was. I really hope the conservatory extension was worth it.

Yes, he can hide when the bailifs comes around

ha ha

Guest struthitsruth

I'm a proud homeowner

Ah ! You've finished paying your mortgage then ? Congratulations, hats off to you !

:rolleyes:

Guest Riser

The market peaked last June but the crash defined as falls of greater than 1% per month will take

time to build momentum, the writing is on the wall for those prepared to look.

Nationwide HPI goes neative - sell signal for housing B)

The market peaked last June but the crash defined as falls of greater than 1% per month will take

time to build momentum, the writing is on the wall for those prepared to look.

Nationwide HPI goes neative - sell signal for housing B)

Ooh, never noticed that before, that graph of house prices riser looks remarkably like a double top.... now does anyone know what follows a double top? (take it that graph is inflation adjusted?)

40 points in a darts match ? :P

No, close but no cigar. Read this:

Double top: A technical analysis term for two successive rises to the same price level. On a chart, this looks something like an M. The particular price level where the double top occurs is considered a resistance level for the stock, because technical analysts believe that the stock is having difficulty rising above that level. opposite of double bottom.See Also top, triple bottom, wedge, triangle

from here

In other words, it cant get any higher. In other ways, there is only one direction in which it can go, unless extra factors come into play. In other words, its a VERY VERY poor investment to get into. This will not help those hoping SIPPS to boost the market, as most investors realise gains will only be made as a result of volumes rather than actual increase in asset value.

Edited by mbga9pgf

I'm a proud homeowner sick of having my hard earned undermined

If you think that sitting on your ar$e expecting your house to appreciate in value for ever is "hard earned" you have a very twisted view of the world. Easy come, easy go. Get over it.

The decision is not as black and white as you paint it.

Edited: apparently the word "ar$e" is terribly rude and is automatically censored yet "butt-rimming filthy estate agent" is fine. I can't believe they let us use the words "estate agent" so freely!!!

Edited by Rapid Descent

If you think that sitting on your ar$e expecting your house to appreciate in value for ever is "hard earned" you have a very twisted view of the world. Easy come, easy go. Get over it.

The decision is not as black and white as you paint it.

Edited: apparently the word "ar$e" is terribly rude and is automatically censored yet [ *****************] estate agent" is fine. I can't believe they let us use the words "estate agent" so freely!!!

Perhaps[ *********** ] could be substituted for "estate agents" then?

My adjoining neighbour's house (pleasant 3bed semi, great sea views) went on the market a year ago @ £199,000 - 3 months later price reduced to £189,000; this week it's among several props that EA is featuring in a 'sale', 'guide price' £170,000 - local rag is full of 'reduced price', 'new price' houses hanging around forever - not exactly a booming market, I'd say..

I earn 34 grand, save 1300 a month and cannot afford a decent average house. I could barely afford a 2 bed sh*thole in a dodgy area. So tell me, when you purchased, was this comparable to your experience? Cant you understand why there is so much resentment towards idiots like you?

Case in point here.

34k * 4 = 136k.(salary multiple - rates won't go > 7 in your lifetime)

1300 * 24 (save a deposit for two years - we all had to!) = 31200.

Total amount of money to spend on house without even stretching is

£167200

Tell me you can't buy a first time buyer house with that! In manyaces you can get a 3 bed semi for that.

But no, you don't want a first time buyer house, you want a palace, you want tomorrow today.

Grow up. You more than enough to get your foot on the ladder. Don't take the p!ss by expecting me to sell to you my life's savings for 50% reduction. It's ignorant, stupid and fanciful.

The only way you will get a big discount is by a large population decline - i.e when we boomers die off. But we've got loads of our hard saved pension funds to spend before we have any intention of shuffling off.

AJ