House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Horizon - Is Everything We Know About The Universe Wrong ? Horizon

Ill_handle_it

HOLA441
HOLA442

Your explanation is simple, true. But comprehension of it is a bit difficult.

As the astronomer Arthur Stanley Eddington is supposed to have said: "Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."

Although according to this wikiquote entry in 1927 the geneticist J. B. S. Haldane also said: "I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." (stop sniggering at the back there).

HOLA443

As the astronomer Arthur Stanley Eddington is supposed to have said: "Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."

Although according to this wikiquote entry in 1927 the geneticist J. B. S. Haldane also said: "I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." (stop sniggering at the back there).

Archived