House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Home.co.uk Latest Release

To be honest, I did, but when I saw the monthly increase I lost the will. Interesting though that the authors seem to recognise that a rise at this time of year is expected and that all the signs point to a series of falls over the next few months.

To be honest, I did, but when I saw the monthly increase I lost the will. Interesting though that the authors seem to recognise that a rise at this time of year is expected and that all the signs point to a series of falls over the next few months.

What struck me was that there was not even the slightest effort in the commentary to extract a bullish message from the figures.

Yet more ‘doom and gloom’ from the financial sector. So it is hardly surprising that confidence amongst buyers and seller of UK property is poor. Mervyn King’s frank words came during a speech wherein he announced a new round of money-printing. In view of the UK’s ‘incredible shrinking economy’ it would appear that quantitative easing is not as effective a stimulus as many had wished. Moreover, looking at the overall health of the UK property market it is clear that, despite throwing the kitchen sink at the UK credit problems, house prices and transaction rates are beating a slow retreat.

In fact, the money-printing medicine is causing an unpleasant side effect: inflation. So much so that in real terms (corrected for RPI excluding housing) home asking prices have fallen around 25% since the credit crunch hit the headlines: a huge loss of purchasing power in capital tied up in residential property.

You can't go wrong with bricks 'n mortar...

"What struck me was that there was not even the slightest effort in the commentary to extract a bullish message from the figures."

Yes, that IS interesting! When you think of all the headlines they could have used for that report, they chose one that implied a sharper fall than last month. I suppose there comes a time in a long, drawn-out correction when vendor denial becomes an embarrassment.

Edited by mrpleasant

"What struck me was that there was not even the slightest effort in the commentary to extract a bullish message from the figures."

Yes, that IS interesting! When you think of all the headlines they could have used for that report, they chose one that implied a sharper fall than last month. I suppose there comes a time in a long, drawn-out correction when vendor denial becomes an embarrassment.

I agree,i also think the latest unemployment figures that imo are going to climb further,the state of the home/world economy and the tightening of belts maybe dampening a few vendor spirits.

Same with the more-publicised Rightmove Asking Price Index. The indices based on asking rather than sold prices have been bearish for a while now, even if there's a small rise. RM doesn't want to see customers (EAs) go bust. What's the VI behind this report though?

Yes because people like you will have to buy it to find out why it is only 15% not 60% or 80% ;) marketing my friend marketing

Buddy i would'nt wipe my ars@ on that paper or any of the other "quality" rags thank you very much!! ;)

Similar to Rightmove I think, it's a similar property-search website.

And lower prices = more searches. Everyone has a VI one way or another...

Mentioned on the news tonight that in London one in 10 are unemployed. Unemployment in other areas of the country is accelerating - so much for the recovery and all of these private sector jobs that Camoron was banging on about a few months ago.

Just watching the news now.reporting on Hull which to has 1 in 10 unemployment.If Cameron honestly thought the private sector was going to pick up the slack - He's smacked off his t?ts! i work in the private sector for a small(90 employee) successful familyrun business and just as in 2008 the directors are gettin twitchy and i can see another round of redundancies.

Mentioned on the news tonight that in London one in 10 are unemployed. Unemployment in other areas of the country is accelerating - so much for the recovery and all of these private sector jobs that Camoron was banging on about a few months ago.

Handing them non-jobs isn't really going to help that much either is it.