House Price Crash Forum

Leech Alert Intern Website

HOLA441

There's no stopping you! Don't tell me. You call yourself ... a serial entrepreneur.

Please print this document. After you have completed it, mail it with your course fee to our address at the bottom of this page. If you have any queries, please ring us on 01934 713 563. Or email us.

Please enrol me on the following course:

Diploma in Counselling

Diploma in Homeopathy

Diploma in Herbal Medicine

I understand that you'll despatch my course within 14 days, by airmail/first class post. If I'm in any way dissatisfied with the course, I can return it within 28 days for a full refund.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

:rolleyes:

Here's what you'll find in your course pack:

• Quick Start guide, to get you started on the course.
  • A sturdily bound set of course modules that lies flat for ease of study. They contain detailed, practical information that guides you skillfully towards becoming a caterer.
  • Catering assignments. Your assignments will be carefully marked with personal advice by an experienced tutor.
  • A useful case that keeps all your course material.
  • A study guide and planner that helps you organize your study.
  • Self-assessment exercises. They occur throughout the course to help you get organized for catering. They also check that you can tackle each type of catering.
  • Question and Answer sheets for you to have your queries answered.
  • 49 Winning Ways to Promote your Service booklet. Great ideas to get you started. This booklet is not available elsewhere.
  • A catering workbook

HOLA443

:rolleyes:

Blackford Institute of Fashion Design

binder.jpg

Become a Fashion Designer

This could be the fashion design course you've been looking for.

Do you have a passion for fashion?

Are you full of creativity and looking for a way to express yourself?

Do you dream of sharing your designs with others?

If so, read on…

The dynamic world of fashion is all around us… magazines, television, newspapers. Whether it is the latest haute couture from the world's top fashion shows or this season's must-have little black dress from the high street, fashion has become an essential part of 21st-century life.

From the most exclusive designer names, to the cheap and cheerful supermarket casuals, there is no walk of life where fashion does not play a part. Its influence is everywhere and clothing has been transformed from an essential we all need, to our way of showing the world who we are. If we pick the right clothes, we can feel younger, more attractive, more extrovert.

There are a lot of great things about the world of fashion – the excitement, the creativity, the buzz. But don't make the mistake of thinking that just because large multinational companies are the dominant players in the arena, there is no room for smaller designers. In fact it is estimated that 25 per cent of the industry is composed of firms with fewer than 10 employees or individuals working on their own.

And that's the best thing about the world of fashion and design – the wealth of opportunities it offers – opportunities that are open to everyone, opportunities that you can enjoy too.

How? Well that's where the Diploma course in Fashion Design comes in. You may have wanted to design your own clothes, but never really known how to start? Perhaps you've already tried a few designs out, but they haven't really worked? Whatever your situation, this is the fasion course for you.

It will take you step by step through everything you need to know, allowing you to learn and develop all the skills and experience you need to bring your own designs to life.

HOLA444

There's no stopping this man...

I bet those diplomas are just as good as the guarantee mentioned above.

The Institute of Gardening
Want to improve your gardening knowledge? Want a gardening qualification? Do it the easy way by enrolling on one of our popular home-study courses. If you're just starting, our 'Making the Most of your Garden' course guides you each month with friendly advice. If you're more experienced, you could achieve a Diploma in Horticulture. We also help you get the RHS General exam.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Hi Greg

I admit it, I put the site up.

And I know it sounds bad. But there's a reason for it.

Basically, small vibrant companies don't take on interns because it's just too much bother.

So this is my way of giving people access for a few days to these amazing businesses.

Students are now spending £40,000 on a university education. And what do they get for it? A nice roll of paper and some mates.

But I don't see why they wouldn't spend a few hundred quid more getting experience alongside a small business owner.

Especially when the intern has no skills to offer the business.

I'm totally against companies who take on 'interns' for six months at a time, making them do the job of proper workers. That's real exploitation.

Whereas a few days sitting with the small firm CEO could change your life.

What do you think?

Kit

Hello cockroach. Obviously between Jeremy Kyle and thinking up ways of scamming vulnerable people you have had time to register on HPC, it's a great forum and as you can see you get real feedback...

But let's answer your post:

1. Why is a small business amazing ? Mine included. Yours intro to me was a spam email I could be working under the arches, covered in nivea naked stroking my axe and you would send me an intern? I guess as a cockroach you don't think these things through.

2. So what per se do you learn from a small business owner? How to employ your family? How to scam vat? How to pay below the minimum wage and get them to claim tax credits?

3. Quality starts with you not me. So when your drop down showed a list of jobs why were none of them IT related? Where was your research.

Not sure how you picked up this post so quick took a while for my friends on here to start replying, but no worries sooner or later you will have a few difficulties posting or emailing as my network has a play with black listing you

Young people are vulnerable enough without scum like you preying on them

HOLA448

I guarantee the intern will:

- Spend most of their time with the business owner or senior managers (unless agreed otherwise in advance)

- Have all their reasonable questions answered

- Get to see all aspects of the business operations.

If that doesn't happen, I'll refund them, and throw the offending business off the site.

Kit

I got s paid job with a business during summer holidays, doing exactly this. Lets face it, if the company has 1-5 employees what else are you going to see????

In my opinion this is absolute COBBLERS. Disgusting. Young people hopefully have enough moral fibre to tell you where to go.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
I guarantee the intern will:

- Spend most of their time with the business owner or senior managers (unless agreed otherwise in advance)

- Have all their reasonable questions answered

- Get to see all aspects of the business operations.

If that doesn't happen, I'll refund them, and throw the offending business off the site.

Kit

Will you post the names of the companies who participate- I'm sure they will be only too happy to have their civic responsibility recognised- or do they demand anonymity?

HOLA4411

Thankfully there are relatively few of your kind in the world..

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kit+sadgrove+intern

There already, if "Greg Bow,man" can change the title to something more descriptive, this thread will be ideal for people's first google hit when looking this scheme up.

Edited by anotherpointlessnamechange

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

£200 per day to sew sequins on someone else's wedding dress.

there aren't words to express how depressed I feel.

Unsurprisingly we are taken back to the issue of obsession with property.

This reminds me of the Ealing blonde, the feral rat calling f*cked up kids 'feral rats'. And now this lot who undoubtedly feel quite righteous in asking that some kid pays £200 a day for the privilege of working for them. There is no limit to the depths some people will go to.

Wedding and Event News

See Isabella Weddings and Hill Place on TV (Country House Rescue)…

We have been working a lot this year with the lovely Hill Place in Swanmore, Hampshire and this Thursday Channel 4 will be showing the house in all it's glory. Set your Sky box for 8pm Thursday 13th October!

You can visit Hill Place by clicking here and remember to take a look at our Inclusive Collection with them – stress free weddings guaranteed!

HOLA4415

at £200 per day,a year at isabella's weddings costs £20,000....first the first time in a long while I'd recommend a media studies degree from leeds met above that

<pedant>

220 days at £200 per day would cost the student £40,000 per year.

HOLA4416
at £200 per day,a year at isabella's weddings costs £20,000....first the first time in a long while I'd recommend a media studies degree from leeds met above that

Indeed. Though the Institute of Fashion Design links upthread have taken me to the "NCFE" - which validates pointless qualifications in "how to work in a call centre" - at a grand a pop. It's all pretty depressing. They have a great you tube channel on "how to use twitter" - FFS, if you need to watch a video that tells you how to log on, you probably have nothing to say.

We use interns at work - lots of them. The difference is that they are placed for 3 months or a year, and paid well (very well). We get smart people on an extended interview - and go on to hire quite a few of them, they get a year of excellent experience. I would wager that year of experience is more valuable than a media studies degree from Leeds Met....

HOLA4417

How will this scheme work, with respect to the companies paying taxes on reverse salaries?

Also, lets say an intern pays for a few days, is told to handle some equipment, and then proceeds to injure themselves. Are they insured? Or will they have to sign an agreement saying that they aren't allowed to sue the company for any reason at all etc.

Edited by theonlywayisdown

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

The radio has been bleating on all day long today about the unemployment of the young UK people.

Yesterday it was going on about how the Coalition was going to cut immigration down to 200,000 a year. Yes only at least another 2 million per decade. Great concern for the employment of the young UK people with that policy eh.

Then there was a report about how Cameron was patting himself on the back about how low base rates were in the UK, 0.5% no less - no mention of the out of control (intentional) inflation.

5 Live radio was reporting that the government was doing stuff about the unemployment of the young but the commentator said the government should do more. Then some spokesperson was saying that the government was going to create more apprenticeships.

Somehow it all sounded so utterly doomed to abject failure.

Mind you I do imagine that a few non-taxpayers at the "top" might gain from it all.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4423

OK, about the courses.

I run home-study courses that help people become self-employed. They get to be interior designers, event planners and dog groomers.

Not everyone succeeds. But we get really positive feedback on the website (www.inst.org). And for some people, their lives are changed.

A common issue has been ex-students asking how they might get practical work experience.

Because most small companies don't provide any kind of internships.

And that's why I decided to launch Etsio.com.

I spoke to a recruitment consultant today. He's a one-man band, been in business for 14 years. He's never thought about hiring an intern. Today, a young person in Newcastle can get a foot on the ladder by learning about the recruitment industry. Is it worth £200, to get that experience? I think it is.

Kit

HOLA4424

OK, about the courses.

I run home-study courses that help people become self-employed. They get to be interior designers, event planners and dog groomers.

Not everyone succeeds. But we get really positive feedback on the website (www.inst.org). And for some people, their lives are changed.

A common issue has been ex-students asking how they might get practical work experience.

Because most small companies don't provide any kind of internships.

And that's why I decided to launch Etsio.com.

I spoke to a recruitment consultant today. He's a one-man band, been in business for 14 years. He's never thought about hiring an intern. Today, a young person in Newcastle can get a foot on the ladder by learning about the recruitment industry. Is it worth £200, to get that experience? I think it is.

Kit

Sorry Kit but you make me do it ....reply!

He's a one man band - then not a business or CEO as you described is he?

He is in one of the fastest growing industries for 20 years and he is still on his todd - high quality placement or tea maker?

He is in a people business that involves selling and yet hadn't thought to train someone?

Poor example recruitment businesses hire weekly, granted with short lifespans trainee recruitment consultants to hit the phone so you are being paid for your work.

D- Mr Sad

So if your an entrepreneur why not charge the employer? and anyway whats your cut......?

HOLA4425

I see this as a good idea if difficult to put into practice, companies will often pay for an entire dinner or event just so they can choose to sit next to someone they want to influence to invest or purchase. Spending a few hundred quid on yourself makes the same sense.

If it was a double glazing firm, mechanic, pet groomer all kinds of mixed self employed and contracted people then it would well be worth spending say £200 to cover insurance, liability and cash for the person doing the training; and get work experience in something you want to set up yourself or want to show you understand to a future employer.

People train for qualifications in IT and pay thousands for the training and tests, what's the difference between that and working for a company for the same outlay.