House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daft Boy

Euro Lottery Winners To Buy A House

They should stay in the one bed flat they rent and bide their time

When you suddenly come into 100 million quid, time is a scarcer resource than money. Why would you waste another year of your limited lifespan living in less comfort than you would like, when the cost of transforming your environment is a mere fraction of the windfall you just received?

Euro lottery £101 million winners are to buy a house. How crazy is that ? Why don't the wait and see if house prices drop further first. They say a fool and his money is soon parted. They should stay in the one bed flat they rent and bide their time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15253038

Why do you call them a fool , for buying a house .

You were telling us on here the other day that you have a millionair son who has a house in Cheshire . Do you refer to him as a fool for buying his house.

Buy one in Malibu - get a bargain at the moment, could be a shrewd investment.

It depends where they buy the property.

If I had their winnings I would spend a year looking around for somewhere chilling to live and just go and live there... It could be a 20 million house or it could be a cottage... I would be tempted by something between 1.5 and 3 million in Malibu personally - place is crawling with models and actresses in the tiniest of bikinis.

Id buy a house fronting a twenty somethings ladies and me only nudist beach

And if it didnt exist, Id make one.

I think the poster was joking, I'd buy thousands of them then knock 'em down just to increase the value of my

:D

Don't tell the Wilsons that!

I'd buy up everything for sale in maidstone then flip them for one third of the price and immediately cause a 66% HPC.

Euro lottery £101 million winners are to buy a house. How crazy is that ? Why don't the wait and see if house prices drop further first. They say a fool and his money is soon parted. They should stay in the one bed flat they rent and bide their time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15253038

:lol:

This post is obviously a joke.

If not, as your self appointed counsellor I prescribe a whole month away from this site.

It would be a bit of a b*gger if the banking system crashed tomorrow and all they got back was 150K between them.

:lol:

Maybe they should plough it into property after all then - after all one can't go wrong with bricks and mortar.

Didn't they mention on the radio that they wanted house in Chelsea? I imagine EA's in Chelsea have just jumped somewhat and are already adding zero's :lol:

Didn't they mention on the radio that they wanted house in Chelsea? I imagine EA's in Chelsea have just jumped somewhat and are already adding zero's :lol:

They are going to buy homes in Chelsea and Portugal, and make millionaires of 20 members of friends and family. They've also mentioned charity donations as well.

Once they give these 20 people a million each, they then become dependant on this couple.

More than one of these 20 will be weak with money and spend the million within a couple of years. Who do you think they will go to then with their hands outstretched? Not to mention the parasites crawling out of the woodwork to see if they can bag a million themselves.

Involving money with friends/ family can cause big problems even when it is being doled out.

If I were them, I'd spend the money hiring plenty of administrators for all those begging letters. I've already sent them 150. In all honesty, I would not like to win such an amount. The weight of expectation will probably drive them mad. Their 'real' friends would feel like they were begging by merely talking to them. Their new pseudo friends will try to rip them off. Their offspring/family would literally never have to work again - hey watch out for the drugs, guys and gals. How many cars/houses fo you want? At least the Royal family have some kind of excuse for not having any real work to do. No, I think they won too much. 100 million for one family is obscene. I'm just up to my 380th begging letter btw...

If I were them, I'd spend the money hiring plenty of administrators for all those begging letters. I've already sent them 150. In all honesty, I would not like to win such an amount. The weight of expectation will probably drive them mad. Their 'real' friends would feel like they were begging by merely talking to them. Their new pseudo friends will try to rip them off. Their offspring/family would literally never have to work again - hey watch out for the drugs, guys and gals. How many cars/houses fo you want? At least the Royal family have some kind of excuse for not having any real work to do. No, I think they won too much. 100 million for one family is obscene. I'm just up to my 380th begging letter btw...

Agree, it is an obscene amount, but I heard them on the radio earlier and their approach (to spend and spread it around a fair bit) was at least refreshing. She was embarrassed and said it was too much for them personally. So I hope it doesn't destroy them, they were a striking contrast to the greedy accumulators of wealth keeping it all to themselves "because they've earned it"

If you are buying with cash, and planning on keeping it 25 years or more, it's not a bad choice. It will recover value eventually, and given QE, may or may not lose value faster than cash.

Have cash, it loses 5-10% A YEAR GUARANTEED. Have a house it looses 5-20% maybe. If you have cash and are looking over the long enough term, bricks and mortar is still a fair gamble. At the end of the day if you spend the £100m on buying 300 houses @ £330k each, regardless of inflation, in 10 years time, you'll still have 300 houses. You could rent them out starting at at £200 pegged to rpi a month each and still never have to worry about money again.

Agree, it is an obscene amount, but I heard them on the radio earlier and their approach (to spend and spread it around a fair bit) was at least refreshing. She was embarrassed and said it was too much for them personally. So I hope it doesn't destroy them, they were a striking contrast to the greedy accumulators of wealth keeping it all to themselves "because they've earned it"

Money corrupts everything in the end. The psychology of human greed et al. I think I would come across as a decent and thoughtful person if I had just won that amount of money! Even though I am a 'horrible bastardo! The X Factor, the National Lottery and inflated house prices - what a lovely trio! Good luck to them though...I think they are gonna need it. Just on my 678th begging letter (this one, like the others, was about trying to ***** their conscience into donating ALL their money to the starving and homeless people all around the world and also for sick children in this country.) The list of causes is endless...mind you, they've now got the power to do a lot of good with all that new found wealth...:)

Once they give these 20 people a million each, they then become dependant on this couple.

More than one of these 20 will be weak with money and spend the million within a couple of years. Who do you think they will go to then with their hands outstretched? Not to mention the parasites crawling out of the woodwork to see if they can bag a million themselves.

Involving money with friends/ family can cause big problems even when it is being doled out.

+1

It's a nice idea but... So many ways it can go wrong. What if you are given £1m by them and buy / do something they don't like.

They'll have 20 million begging letters. Extra postal staff will be being employed as we speak.

I've sent off my first 50 letters anyway.

;-)

I can not believe camelot allows people to go public.