House Price Crash Forum

I'm Calling A Ftse Top

goldbug9999

M4 (and I dont mean the road) is going down the sh1tter ...

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/statistics/m4/2010/sep/TableA.pdf

And thats not even taking into account the effect of the impending euro-implosion.

The M4 is going down TO the shitter.

Well that's true if you are travelling west.

Edited by leicestersq

All those of you hanging on to equities, now is your last chance to bail B)

The markets look pretty resilient for now. I think it's tomorrow that we have free dollars for all (banks) with the first dollar swap auctions and on the 24th the world is saved (not). That should give markets quite a lot to rejoice about and push prices up.

The markets look pretty resilient for now. I think it's tomorrow that we have free dollars for all (banks) with the first dollar swap auctions and on the 24th the world is saved (not). That should give markets quite a lot to rejoice about and push prices up.

More temporary fixes for failed banks who have really gone bust, but the govt cannot afford to have them say so and therefore cheap non existent money is flowing freely in their direction. More on the way apparently. For other businesses which trade whilst insolvent it's a criminal offence.

The transgression of debt from banks to govts and therefore taxpayers is continuing! We can't actually afford it and nor can they. It is currency debasement and inflation all the way.

The markets will not wear it for long. Too many problems and debts.

More temporary fixes for failed banks who have really gone bust, but the govt cannot afford to have them say so and therefore cheap non existent money is flowing freely in their direction. More on the way apparently. For other businesses which trade whilst insolvent it's a criminal offence.

The transgression of debt from banks to govts and therefore taxpayers is continuing! We can't actually afford it and nor can they. It is currency debasement and inflation all the way.

The markets will not wear it for long. Too many problems and debts.

Why not?

Aren't they making money via gambling with banks who are losing taxpayer's money?

When was that published? Certainly it was cited by Merv as one of the excuses for printing..."there is not enough money in the economy to secure a recovery" or something like that.

==============================================================================                         Aug.  July  June   May April March  Feb.  Jan.  Dec.                         2011  2011  2011  2011  2011  2011  2011  2011  2010==============================================================================                     ----- Growth rates of seasonally adjusted data (%) -----M4 Money Supply 1 month                -0.2%  0.0% -0.4%  0.1%  0.1%  0.1% -0.3%  0.8% -1.4% 12 month               -0.6% -1.1% -0.7% -0.3% -1.0% -1.3% -1.5% -1.8% -1.6%M4 Lending 1 month                -0.3% -0.9%  0.2% -0.5%  0.5%  0.4%  0.3%  0.1% -1.1% 12 month               -0.6% -1.4% -1.1% -1.3% -1.3% -2.8% -2.6% -3.8% -3.1%M4 Lending Excluding Securitisations 1 month                -0.3% -0.9%  0.1% -0.5%  0.5%  0.4%  0.3%  0.1% -1.1% 12 month               -0.7% -1.5% -1.1% -1.2% -1.3% -2.8% -2.6% -3.8% -3.2%

Just in case anyone's interested in the M4 figures..

To be fair rk posted this on THE THREAD last night before this one was even a glint in a goldbug's eye....;)

I did.

But it has nothing to do with M4 12 months ago or any other time.

(If you back up the table link to the document it says October '10. You'll have to ask OP to justify his link)

Thankyou. Prices up, money down. Interesting. It's all devaluation then.

We seem to be seeing the process in action now:

When £1trillion of hot money moves from the deflating property market to the tiny commodity market because Merv won't tolerate overall deflation I think it will feel like devaluation. I wouldn't expect a 0.x% reduction in M4 to make a bit of difference.

[pls. make allowance for wild exaggerations in this post for the sake of a clearer argument and added drama]

I don't use the ATR, all I know is the price action is going up, although volumes are low on the DOW so it might be a rally without much substance. :unsure:

It doesn't matter what you use, you can see that the daily avge movement is around 2%. How do you work out your downside risk?

This is all clearly just the dollar retracing........