House Price Crash Forum
Guest The Dude

Secret History Of The Credit Card

This is an excellent link.........very educational!

Just goes to reinforce my views that Credit Cards.........are the work of the Devil!

Let's call em 'Debt Cards' shall we?

Cheers.

Guest struthitsruth

What a great link, thanks for posting this.

It's nasty stuff though. I happen to be a "deadbeat" but still found it creepy, as like the majority I'm only a job loss/relationship breakup/health problem away from looking at the "revolver" option.

As someone says on the vid, if you miss a mortgage payment, your mortgage lender doesn't have the right to alter the interest rate that has been agreed at the outset - but apparently your credit card company may do just this.

Just shows I don't read the small print like I should !

:unsure:

It's nasty stuff though. I happen to be a "deadbeat" but still found it creepy, as like the majority I'm only a job loss/relationship breakup/health problem away from looking at the "revolver" option.

I'm only a revolver away.

:)

that's the banking system for you.

the only safe way is not to get in debt.

....an exerpt from the bible says "never a lender or a borrower be".

...very good advice,but lending and borrowing have permeated through society just the same.

...muslims also are averse to the lending/borrowing with interest bit,so ther is some common ground with christianity there at biblical level.

...if it can't be beaten then it must be controlled and kept to the absolute minimum....a trait that we on here should all be familiar with.

the history of the credit card goes back even further than this.

in some of the more remote areas of mexico, aztec dwellings and caves were decorated in what seems to be an early version of the access logo. in other parts of the world similar etchings can be found, though in africa and european zones the design tends to favour diners club illustrations and is made from dye drawn from plants and soils.

eqyptians were also fond ofo the plastic. when tuttankkahmum was discovered in 1932 by uk explorer max hardcore, the dead king was buried alongside the riches of american express gold. it was said that on the solstice, light would align and shine through vents in the pyramid chamber directly onto the kings pin number.

much more recently in 400ad cards were apparently in wide use. roman britain was a poineer in early credit cards with the legion club card system. also archeaologist have found the remains of what seems to be part of a card swipe machine made of wood called a visacullias in a dig outside of weston super mare.

so you see. credit and the cards that identify them have always been with us.

it was just your credit rating was bad, so you didnt have one yourself.

the history of the credit card goes back even further than this.

in some of the more remote areas of mexico, aztec dwellings and caves were decorated in what seems to be an early version of the access logo. in other parts of the world similar etchings can be found, though in africa and european zones the design tends to favour diners club illustrations and is made from dye drawn from plants and soils.

eqyptians were also fond ofo the plastic. when tuttankkahmum was discovered in 1932 by uk explorer max hardcore, the dead king was buried alongside the riches of american express gold. it was said that on the solstice, light would align and shine through vents in the pyramid chamber directly onto the kings pin number.

much more recently in 400ad cards were apparently in wide use. roman britain was a poineer in early credit cards with the legion club card system. also archeaologist have found the remains of what seems to be part of a card swipe machine made of wood called a visacullias in a dig outside of weston super mare.

so you see. credit and the cards that identify them have always been with us.

it was just your credit rating was bad, so you didnt have one yourself.

Time for sleep, rfd... :lol:

nighty night!