House Price Crash Forum
rantnrave

Halifax Down 0.5%

It's confirmed Friday now, so positive, just a question of how much.

LONDON, Oct 5 (Reuters) - British mortgage lender Halifax, part of Lloyds Banking Group, said on Wednesday that it would release its September house price index at 0700 GMT on Thursday, Oct. 6.

Economists polled by Reuters forecast it will show a 0.2 percent rise in prices on the month, leaving them 2.1 percent down on the year.

http://www.xe.com/ne...6921.htm?c=1&t=

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44787199

Edited by rantnrave

I am pretty confident we will see -0.3% tomorrow. Which would be "ok". Any more drops than that I will be happy

Why are you confident? Do you know something we do not?

I hope you are wrong and its -1.3!

Spinney

Well, if Halifax are saying that's when they'll release it, I guess that's when they will. FF is just a bit behind on this. They have, not frequently, got the day wrong before.

Sorry never read your links, looks like a negative number then.

Since I joined HPC, none of the big three indices has fallen below £160K. This one is currently the closest... Down 1.1% would do it!

EDIT - none of them have gone above £170K either, but I'm not so keen to see that!

Edited by rantnrave

Why are you confident? Do you know something we do not?

I hope you are wrong and its -1.3!

Spinney

No sorry I mis-wrote that. I meant I am confident tomorrow, conservatively guessing -0.3. ANymore than that and I can count myself plesently surprised.

I really cant see a drop of over 1%. Hope I am wrong though. A drop of 1.3% would be so tasty.

From what I read earlier is that the banks have slammed the breaks on lending even harder as a result of tightening credit in the wholesale markets.

They stopped lending on high ltv's which is away from the ftb segment of the market. So +5% but not many transactions B).

If they've cut lending then the move will be up on low transactions, as those that went through will be deals made by wealthy types with massive deposits. The down will follow later, well, it would if QE3 wasn't already nailed on.