House Price Crash Forum

Please Pay Off Your Credit Cards Now

_w_

HOLA441

Cameron asks us all to pay our credit card debts off ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15171917 )

With that in mind, I have just settled full amount of £11.78 on my Citicard Visa

All OK now?

One moment we are told to spend our way out, they cut interest rates to make people feel like borrowing (that is, mortgage rates so low that they can splash on the more expensive plastic) then they tell people to pay it off or whatever nasties may happen...

They screw the savers into the wall, hang, draw and quarter them, they were one of the few legitimate engines of spending, now they are basically doing a 180 and all it suggests is some sort of major turd is about to hit the fan and they are panicking. I do hope I am wrong, I do not have PMs or tins of beans, I do not want to be right

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

At a guess every £1,000 repaid on the CC enables £5,000 of new mortgage lending.

Any true hpcer should be loading up on the CC, for the cause.

With that in mind...has anyone noticed unused cards being cancelled or limits being reduced?....having available credit that is not spent on credit cards must be the same as a loan o/s on the books I would have thought. :unsure:

HOLA444

Won't it be classed as an asset on their balance sheet ? So does holding CC debts require more capital ?

Or does this come down to the definition of what 'capital' is - as in cc debts classed as assets are not considered capital.

IIUC some types of loans require more capital cover. Unsecured CC loans require more than collateralised mortgage loans and from what I can gather, banks are really starved of capital right now. If they can do that it's a bonus fopr the huosing market (Cabinet BTLers of the world rejoice) and injects more money in the economy.

HOLA445

With that in mind...has anyone noticed unused cards being cancelled or limits being reduced?....having available credit that is not spent on credit cards must be the same as a loan o/s on the books I would have thought. :unsure:

Yes, one reduced and one said if I don't use it shortly they will not send me a renewed one

HOLA446
HOLA447

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha DIDDUMS. I am managing my own debt jubilee as the moral obligation to repay has long since passed. I see people writing off millions in debt, why should I stress over a couple of thousand? Destroyed credit rating? GOOD. I do not want any more debt, and I do not want to buy a house. Thanks!

A media plea to pay off debt? Just how much trouble are the banks in?

Surely if you plan to default, you should be really loading up - at least 20-30k, then draw it down as cash and hide it.

HOLA448

At a guess every £1,000 repaid on the CC enables £5,000 of new mortgage lending.

Any true hpcer should be loading up on the CC, for the cause.

No need - simply draw all your normal monthly "living" out of your current account in one go at the start of the month. Lets say you spends 1k on sundries (food/fuel/polish hookers etc etc) a month , by drawing it all in one go and then gradually spending it during the month you have reduced the banks capital by an average of £500 over that time and probably reduced M4 by 10 times that.

Bassically physical cash is the banks worst enemy so we should be arranging our affairs to ensure that there is as much as possible in circulation at any point in time.

HOLA449

No need - simply draw all your normal monthly "living" out of your current account in one go at the start of the month. Lets say you spends 1k on sundries (food/fuel/polish hookers etc etc) a month , by drawing it all in one go and then gradually spending it during the month you have reduced the banks capital by an average of £500 over that time and probably reduced M4 by 10 times that.

Bassically physical cash is the banks worst enemy so we should be arranging our affairs to ensure that there is as much as possible in circulation at any point in time.

Isn't physical cash the currency of terrorists and student protesters though. You'll be blacklisted.

HOLA4410

Isn't physical cash the currency of terrorists and student protesters though. You'll be blacklisted.

Indeed - all sorts of 'security measures' have been implemented over the last decade to impede people actually using physical cash - limits on how much you can spend, limits on how much you can withdraw or transact without explaining why you want to do something with what is nominally your own money. It's all for our 'protection' of course. :angry:

The ultimate goal of the authorities and banks will be an all-electronic system leaving the banks with all the money, the government with incredible powers of surveillance and control and the people with absolutely no money and power of their own.

HOLA4411

Well if I see you using a credit card I will still think you are a poor person.

You can justify it all you like, you have been suckered and you are spouting their sales talk, your justifying and reinforcing your beliefs.

What does it matter what I think that you even felt the need to rubbish what I think of people? :lol::lol::lol:

I just think you come across as a bit of a nerdy know it all. Having pejorative feelings towards people simply because they choose to use credit cards actually says you aren't quite as clever as you seem to think you are.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I just dont get suckered into the belief system known as money and I dont worship it, theres more to life than money and keeping up with the Joneses. :)

I don't particularly 'buy' the whole monetary system the way it is constituted at the moment either - but I'm quite happy to play it for my benefit.

Credit cards are an enormous benefit to anyone with a bit of intelligence and self control, thinking that people must be 'poor' because they use them at the supermarket is just a jaw-droppingly naive thing to come out with.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

12.45 It's now being reported that the Prime Minister won't be telling us all to pay off our credit card bills in his speech at the Tory party conference this afternoon, after the idea got a fairly terrible reception this morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8782663/Debt-crisis-live.html

:lol:

Quite probably a few highly placed bankster 'donors to the party' got on the blower to make sure that the 'leader' is on message.

Borrow, borrow, borrow like there's no tomorrow folks. The country needs your debt!

HOLA4417

I dont think you realise I was being inflammatory with my comments to spark a debate.

I do actually agree with you and when I had a credit card it was paid off ever month as well although to be honest it was still a hassle keeping multiple running balances and dealing with the card fraud becuase the banks systems are so inadequate.

I also first got into Gold back in 2005 and you can see from the creation date of 21-Oct-2004 for the domain debtsorted.com I have been planning for this to happen for a very long time. I will be making from these hard times very soon. ;)

Fair enough, but the debate was lively enough - I wouldn't say it needed any 'sparking'.

HOLA4418

12.45 It's now being reported that the Prime Minister won't be telling us all to pay off our credit card bills in his speech at the Tory party conference this afternoon, after the idea got a fairly terrible reception this morning.

http://www.telegraph...risis-live.html

Pass the debt to the bank.

Pass the bank to the Government.

Pass the Government to the IMF.

Paying off debt, NO WAY, that's so last century.

Edited by Lord D'arcy Pew

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

http://www.spectator...on-debtor.thtml

which is why he has changed the line in his speech. “The only way out of a debt crisis is to deal with your debts,” he says. “That’s why households are paying down their credit cards.” He’s right: people are. The government is the problem.

:lol:

Edited by Red Knight

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425