House Price Crash Forum
TruraBuoy

Our Political Elite.

No hope at all. Britain is so moribund.

Just look at our newspapers, all about celebrities, no real news, BBC 24 has spent most of this evening on the Knox re-trial, even giving us hours of people just sitting in court waiting for the judges.

No update on Libya, no mention of the Wall Street demos.

Britain is now somnolescent, drugged on rubbish.

People seriously think that football, the comings and goings of so called famous people are important. Politics gets a mention, the Olympics are starting to become prominent.

Welsh TV is still going on about the Ryder Cup, 12 months after it happened!

I despair.

twas ever thus. with one or two periods of exception, Britain has always been badly served by its leaders - self-aggrandising self-seeking, contemptuous and contemptible.

"Politicians cannot be trusted, whatever their creed. No child can learn this lesson soon enough." WG Hoskins

So we have Calamity Clegg, Missing Milliband, and Dave the Dud.

What hope have we got?

...not for you if you think there is a group in politics who are 'elite'...do you have any self respect....?.... :rolleyes:

No hope at all. Britain is so moribund.

Just look at our newspapers, all about celebrities, no real news, BBC 24 has spent most of this evening on the Knox re-trial, even giving us hours of people just sitting in court waiting for the judges.

No update on Libya, no mention of the Wall Street demos.

Britain is now somnolescent, drugged on rubbish.

People seriously think that football, the comings and goings of so called famous people are important. Politics gets a mention, the Olympics are starting to become prominent.

Welsh TV is still going on about the Ryder Cup, 12 months after it happened!

I despair.

At least reality is beginning to dawn on the people here.

The day Ed Moribund made his conference speech the entire output of BBC News was given over to the trial of a doctor accused of killing a fading superstar in a foreign land.

A Cleg is a particularly nasty kind of insect, by the way. The Clegs have asked it to be made clear they are not to be confused with the Liberal party leader, who spells his name slightly differently.

Milliband is dire, but at least it is not the other Milliband. Something about him says danger, very Blair like.

It came down to a choice between the Geek or the Gonk. Labour got the Gonk. Basically a win win situation for Cameron. Thought Balls' wife was their best hope. (though Balls foolishly put himself up instead)

Edited by crashmonitor

iThe problem is we have salesmen rather than statesmen

Yep presentation over substance. You somehow have more respect for foreign mavericks like Belursconi who can't be bothered.

iThe problem is we have salesmen rather than statesmen

Someone made the point on here a couple of weeks ago, that there were a class of countries where the ruling elite came from scientific and engineering backgrounds (Germany, China, etc) and there were another class where the leaders were really snake oil merchants like lawyers, "community organizers" and PPE graduates (USA, UK, etc.). This has been a problem for a long time here really, where the mandarins of the British Empire were educated in public schools and drilled endlessly in Latin or Greek which made for perfect administrators of empire, effectively able to carry out orders but not able to think critically or question their actions. Now this imperial system hangs over and is now not suitable for a small island nation which must be dynamic to survive.

Edited by Britney's Piers

So we have Calamity Clegg, Missing Milliband, and Dave the Dud.

What hope have we got?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howling_Laud_Hope

Howling laud Hope!

Vote loony, you know it makes sense!

I've met him and helped him run his campaign in my town, he's a very likeable chap, and although he is essentially taking the piss, he speaks a lot more sense than most politicians!

He himself stands because he can,. Because we do have a kind of democracy.

Although after the election, I was somewhat dismayed by the guardian as they edited me and a few others out of the footage. (Whilst I did get 4 seconds on the bbc!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howling_Laud_Hope

Howling laud Hope!

Vote loony, you know it makes sense!

I've met him and helped him run his campaign in my town, he's a very likeable chap, and although he is essentially taking the piss, he speaks a lot more sense than most politicians!

He himself stands because he can,. Because we do have a kind of democracy.

Although after the election, I was somewhat dismayed by the guardian as they edited me and a few others out of the footage. (Whilst I did get 4 seconds on the bbc!)

...everyone to their own.... :rolleyes: