House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inflating

Knox & Sollecito Acquitted On Appeal

Good. Hopefully this sordid saga will now stop being the lead item on every news bulletin going.

Yes, a person died, but this is hardly the most important story in the world. The media have been morbidly fascinated with this case because the accused is a half-decent piece of ass with a penchant for group sex.

Knox, however, is clearly dead behind those eyes.

Anyway, there's nothing else to see here. Come on, now: let's move on.

Knox's sister has been on saying they now need to be left alone .... what she really meant was they just need to talk to the right people (Mr Clifford are you there...) so they can make millions, no point talking to the press or public when there is money to be made.

Where there's muck...

What made this murder trial so different is that her parents hired a big public relations firm that represented corporations to put out press releases to make her look good. This is not the way a murder trial should be decided.

Undoubtly this decision was made to please her friends and the American contributors to her defense. It is certainly a sad day for justice.

Whether she's innocent or not, from what I've read the prosecution case was prepared so incompetently (most notably in the compromsing of forensic evidence) that the conviction quite simply isn't safe. It's the Kerchers I feel sorry for - thanks to the bungling of the Italian authorities, the bottom line is that no-one will ever know the full extent of Knox's involvement or cupability.

Funny, for a group of folks so belligerent towards authority, it seems there is very little sympathy on here for someone who has been proven innocent against all the effort put into locking her away for life by those authorities.

The girl has been destroyed, not a single ****** has been given by anyone; for some reason everyone still believes she 'did it', whatever 'it' was.

Whether she's innocent or not, from what I've read the prosecution case was prepared so incompetently (most notably in the compromsing of forensic evidence) that the conviction quite simply isn't safe. It's the Kerchers I feel sorry for - thanks to the bungling of the Italian authorities, the bottom line is that no-one will ever know the full extent of Knox's involvement or cupability.

+1

There were a couple of likely suspects and a couple of likely explanations. Instead the prosecutions focused on proving what can only be described as a lurid fantasy that seeems to have only existed in the mind of the chief prosecutor.

Funny how when there are two white people, one black and one mixed race in room; the white ones get out with (no doubt) millions in compensation, the black one gets 30 years in prison and the mixed race one ends up dead...

and believe me i am usually the last one to raise issue...

There were a couple of likely suspects and a couple of likely explanations. Instead the prosecutions focused on proving what can only be described as a lurid fantasy that seeems to have only existed in the mind of the chief prosecutor.

Yes. And what a bizarre fantasy it was.

I heard her statement live on radio, and it just seemed very likely she'd be freed after that. Sometimes a moving statement can swing it if it's borderline.

The press she received during the case was pretty outrageous. "Foxy Knoxy"?? It was all tied to the fantasy being put forward in the case, and likely dragged her reputation down in people's minds.

This.

Her actions sound very suspicious immediately after the murder, but they screwed up the evidence. Useless gits.

Funny how when there are two white people, one black and one mixed race in room; the white ones get out with (no doubt) millions in compensation, the black one gets 30 years in prison and the mixed race one ends up dead...

and believe me i am usually the last one to raise issue...

It's all so stereo-typical, including the detail about Rudy being a drug dealer from the Ivory Coast ;)

Amidst the allegations of murder, news of the appeal etc, I have to lower the tone and say that Amanda Knox is really cute...

That's why she was cleared of the murder charge.

Italians, just so reliable.

RIP Meredith Kercher.

Don't blame it on the Italians; blame it on the Americans who bought her way to freedom.

Don't blame it on the Italians; blame it on the Americans who bought her way to freedom.

No, i cant accept that. I have not studied the case in any depth but my experience with working with Italians (non food) is one of amusement and despair.

Funny, for a group of folks so belligerent towards authority, it seems there is very little sympathy on here for someone who has been proven innocent against all the effort put into locking her away for life by those authorities.

The girl has been destroyed, not a single ****** has been given by anyone; for some reason everyone still believes she 'did it', whatever 'it' was.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for a young woman (and I'm using the term woman very loosely here) who puts the blame for a murder on her former black boss who she didn't get along with. She learned well in America how to blame a black because people like her consider them third class citizens. He was held for three weeks in police custody because of her lies. He lost his business and his life savings. His reputation was ruined, and his life was turned upside down. So she spent almost four years in prison for a crime she claims she did not commit. What goes around, comes around.

Gee, I wonder if that @#$%^&* Knox b!tch will share any of her upcoming millions with the man she falsely accused and ruined his life and the lives of his family?

"It" is MURDER, in case you have been living under a rock for the past four years. Many people on both sides of the Atlantic believe she did it, because plenty of circumstantial evidence points to her. Unfortunately the DNA that was collected did not meet international standards.

It seems you think she is not guilty. We will never know because her family bought her freedom and paid for what you read. Her family and supporters collected enough donations to hire a big time public relations firm (who has represented large corporations such as Boeing) to write stories about how wonderful she is and how she would never commit a crime. So one never knows where the items in the press have originated, and if they are true or fantasy. Now that's real justice, isn't it?

Meredith Kercher, RIP