House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
frenchy

Viewings And Regulation

Hi guys (and gals)

I booked a viewing to view a house last week. In the morning of the viewing, I got a call from the EA saying the booking was canceled as an offer had been accepted.

The following day as the house was still not showing STC, I called the agent to double check an offered had been accepted and asked them to update Rightmove accordingly. That day I knocked on the sellers door to double check and an offer had indeed been accepted.

It has now been 5 days and RM is still not updated. I don't want the sale to fall through again (that would be the second time) and someone else to come along and put another offer. I haven't seen the house so can't say it is the one I want to buy, but as a matter of principle I am annoyed that it is still listed available and I can't view it.

Is this legal? or am I being unreasonable? I basically either want to view the house or have it listed as STC on RM.

Thanks

Hi guys (and gals)

I booked a viewing to view a house last week. In the morning of the viewing, I got a call from the EA saying the booking was canceled as an offer had been accepted.

The following day as the house was still not showing STC, I called the agent to double check an offered had been accepted and asked them to update Rightmove accordingly. That day I knocked on the sellers door to double check and an offer had indeed been accepted.

It has now been 5 days and RM is still not updated. I don't want the sale to fall through again (that would be the second time) and someone else to come along and put another offer. I haven't seen the house so can't say it is the one I want to buy, but as a matter of principle I am annoyed that it is still listed available and I can't view it.

Is this legal? or am I being unreasonable? I basically either want to view the house or have it listed as STC on RM.

Thanks

My understanding is that most agents require finance to purchase the property to be proven as well as solicitors details received before the property is shown on rightmove as SSTC. We provided this information almost immediately so the house we are buying went sold SSTC within 4 days but other people might take a bit longer.

If the sale has fallen through once already the vendor might be insisting that the property remain as available on rightmove, I've also seen this happen..

Just register your interest with the agent and ask them to call you if it falls through again.

My understanding is that most agents require finance to purchase the property to be proven as well as solicitors details received before the property is shown on rightmove as SSTC. We provided this information almost immediately so the house we are buying went sold SSTC within 4 days but other people might take a bit longer.

If the sale has fallen through once already the vendor might be insisting that the property remain as available on rightmove, I've also seen this happen..

Just register your interest with the agent and ask them to call you if it falls through again.

thanks kokeshi, didn't know about that!