House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bullish Bear

Wembley

Fior 2 years, I have been watching the market in Wembley. In general prices have been coming down albeit slowly at first and faster now.

The main agents in the area are Christopher Rawlinson, Daniels, Bairstow Eves, Ellis and Co, and Salter McGuiness,

Well get this - earlier in the year, this property:

393_per050217_IMG_00_t.jpg

came on the market with Daniels at £319k. We saw it and decided it was too expensive and so put in an offer. Too low said the agent. No higher said I.

Property stuck to the agents window over spring and summer.

Late summer Portmans advertised the property and then a few months later off it came.

Daniels lowered the price to £309k but it still did not sell.

Then recently it sold! Daniels website shows it as being sold but then Ellis and Co started marketing the property at £313k. Strange I thought, a higher price than before in spite of the lack of buyers.

So you can imagine my surprise that the property has been readvertised at a higher price of £329k with yet another agent - this time it is on with Bairstow Eves.

What the heck is happening? Are the agents mad or is the vendor of "107 The Fairway" mad? If this property sells for more the £285k, then someone must be insane. It is simply not worth a penny more considering the market, the area and the condition of the property.

Initially, when it was marketed, they probably believed they would get close to the asking price. As sentement has changed, they have probably hiked up the price to factor in a 10% or so reduction. Problem is they have probably left it too late and will have to reduce the price again. Let's hope there isn't a greater fool.

This is worse than I thought. The vendor has this property listed with several agents at several prices ranging from 305k to 329k!

What on earth is that all about?

Disbelief. Panic will follow.

/G

This is worse than I thought. The vendor has this property listed with several agents at several prices ranging from 305k to 329k!

What on earth is that all about?

I'm in N14, a few miles away from you. I see plenty of properties that have been on the market for a year or more, sometimes with 5-6 adverts, with prices all over the place. Not quite sure why you are so suprised by this? The market at the moment is the-blind-leading-the-blind, so don't worry about it. Just watch these properties fall for the next few years and check the sold prices for them.

Nomadd

Wembley is the pits. Sure there are a few nice roads, but all you have to do is walk down a couple of streets and turn a couple of corners and you are in 'muggers/chavtastastic' territory. I know this as I work in the area and have lived around there for about 30 years. I've given up now and am moving to Kew as I can't take it anymore (or almost anywhere in NW London come to think of it)...

Errr, hate to disillusion you but while it's not as bad as Wembley, Harrow is chavland too. It's great up on the hill but the town centre is full of teens dressed like Britney and the superpubs are full of slappers on the pull at weekends. We don't go out there becasue the only decent restaurant is Pizza Express.

Errr, hate to disillusion you but while it's not as bad as Wembley, Harrow is chavland too. It's great up on the hill but the town centre is full of teens dressed like Britney and the superpubs are full of slappers on the pull at weekends. We don't go out there becasue the only decent restaurant is Pizza Express.

Completely agree with you. I actually live in Central Harrow at the moment. Hardly any good restaurants for the size of the town. Full of chavs and chavettes all over the place, with mugger-wannabes loitering around the bus-station all hours of the day (which looks like a very dangerous place after 8pm...). Screaming drunken hoards tumbling out of the pubs, fighting at about 11 pm every night (and out of the night buses at 3 am).

But it's better than Wembley by LOOOOOOOOOONG way!

The Hill is very good of course, but as I have said before, you're only a couple of streets away from chav/mugger-land.

Now Kew IS very nice...

by the way, a good friend of mine got mugged wallking home (not far) from Harrow station just last week. Pushed into a skip from behind, and laptop stolen. Police think he was spotted by someone at the station who then followed him 'as he had a laptop bag'...

Horses for courses. Harrow is very convenient for me and it is easy to get into town (or out of town).

Most town centres have problems with drunks - sign of the times.

Anyone seen the pound shop in harrow - seems to be doing the best business around.